displayport really is being a pain

BenD

Ok,

i'm going a hell just to get displayport working. this post original was about the problem being my monitors and i got the chance to test again with another monitor wich was fine but then i tested it with something else , and it had the same problem of blurry vision that causes to crash system.

my benq's are "fine". the problem is displayport not working like it should on my system.

So far i had these gpu's and it all ended up the same:

980 gaming from msi
980 strix (that i'm keeping)
a 760 striker platinum

so it's obviously not a gpu or monitor problem.  I have discovered there are a lot of problems with displayport in general, and the 980 really makes it worse (for those of you who don't have issues i wanna kiss you for your good luck :D)

I decided to stop figuring it out myself, since i'm not paying any work hours to the store because they made a commitment to get this figured out to me, and i do all the testing of their ideas. So they just think of stuff and give me hardware to test with and they get a lot of time saved testing win-win for everyone.

Yesterday they resetted my bios to default settings, the settings where way off (that's what they told me, but i never touched it) things seemed to be finally solved. Untill just now... Again blurry vision i was getting my pc out of sleep mode, turned on the monitor and yes, it crashed on me the second i tried logging in.

the only left that makes any sense is that my motherboard can't handle a 980 or something like that.

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/

This is really interesting.

I've never had any problems with my G2450, G2450HM or GL2450.

Sig under construction.

My XL2411T is working fine as well.

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K

CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15

RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB 1866MHz

GPU: Asus Strix RTX 2060 OC

Motherboard: Asus Maximus VII Hero 

Storage: 1TB, 500GB, 250GB SSD's, 1TB SSHD

Case: Corsair Carbide Air 540

It could be your card though.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

It could be your card though.

3 gpu's tested, i think it's not  gpu related anymore :(

I7 3930K @4.4 GHz  /  Asus rampage 4 formula  / 4x 8gb kingston hyperx blue low profile / gtx 980  / 2x ssd 500gb samsung 840 / 500gb 840evo ssd   /  500 GB WD blue /  windows 7 ultimate
my build: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/133477-750d-finished/