i5-4690k boost only goes to 3.7ghz ?

bydus
Go to solution Solved by Majestic,

That's right, that is the 4C boost.

http://www.intel.com/support/processors/corei5/sb/CS-032278.htm

3.9ghz is only on 1 core, like superpi or something. 

Some boards allow for a "enhanced" turbo feature. Which uses 3.9 as 4C boost. However usually with high voltages. You might aswell just OC the max. multiplier yourself.

I just build my rig, running stress test from Intel Extreme Tuning utility and it shows that it boosts only to 3.7ghz, intel turbo boost addon shows the same thing. Anyone has a clue why is that ? 

Run CPU-Z and a stress testing program (prime95, IBT, etc.) and see what CPU-Z reports your CPU clock speed as.

I actually couldn't underclock my 5 year old GPU to make it as slow as a next-gen console.

#pcmasterraceproblems

~Slick

Some boards allow for a "enhanced" turbo feature. Which uses 3.9 as 4C boost. However usually with high voltages. You might aswell just OC the max. multiplier yourself.

This.

You bought an unlocked processor. If you've bought some aftermarket cooling you should have the capacity to overclock it long past 4GHz easily. If you need any help with this, just use the search button on top of the page: (4690k OC)

Or watch linus' video on it. (He made one, right?)

When in doubt: C4

This.

You bought an unlocked processor. If you've bought some aftermarket cooling you should have the capacity to overclock it long past 4GHz easily. If you need any help with this, just use the search button on top of the page: (4690k OC)

Or watch linus' video on it. (He made one, right?)

why yes he did

PROJECT MOGARCPU: i5 4690k @ 4.9 Ghz CPU CoolerCorsair H100i in Pull on top Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-Gaming GT GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming Edition RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB) 2133 Mhz  PSU: EVGA G2 850W SSD: Samsung EVO 840 250 GB HDD: WD Black 1TB Case: Cooler Master CM Storm Scout II

Many thanks for the replies and suggestions. Will play with O/C once I get everything configured :)