MSI Z97 Gaming 9 AC

MSI Z97 GUARD-PRO

MSI Z97 MPOWER MAX AC

MSI Z97 PC Mate

MSI Z97 XPOWER AC

MSI Z97I AC

MSI Z97I Gaming AC

MSI Z97M Gaming

of course there are other Z97 mobos from other manufacturers but you recommend MSI so I'm guessing it's the best bang for the buck

I will suggest the G55 SLi for best value board for SLi configs of course. But if your budget allows the Gaming 5 or 7

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I will suggest the G55 SLi for best value board for SLi configs of course. But if your budget allows the Gaming 5 or 7

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does SLi configs mean? like what does it do that makes it special from other kinds of mobos. and what would I get more from the Gaming 5 or 7?

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but what does SLi configs mean? like what does it do that makes it special from other kinds of mobos. and what would I get more from the Gaming 5 or 7?

SLi config is nVidia term for multi gpu setups.

Gaming 5 & 7 has more features like gaming grade audio network and a fancy design and slightly more ports for HDD, mSATA and a nicer dragon design.

If you want a detail specs of the mobo, you can check msi website.

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

I5 won't hold back high end GPU's like the 780 which Fx chip do cause their slow cores which are almost twice has slow as intel haswell IPC

"To put it nicely, the FX-8370E is a true middle-of-the-road CPU. Using it only makes sense as long as the graphics card you choose comes from a similar performance segment.

Depending on the game in question, AMD’s new processor has the potential to keep you happy around the AMD Radeon R9 270X/285 or Nvidia GeForce GTX 760 or 660 Ti level.

A higher- or even high-end graphics card doesn’t make sense, as pairing it with AMD's FX-8370E simply limits the card's potential."

"Pop over to the gaming scatter, though, and the picture changes dramatically. There, the FX-8350 is the highest-performance AMD desktop processor to date for gaming, finally toppling the venerable Phenom II X4 980. Yet the FX-8350's gaming performance almost exactly matches that of the Core i3-3225, a $134 Ivy Bridge-based processor. Meanwhile, the Core i5-3470 delivers markedly superior gaming performance for less money than the FX-8350. The FX-8350 isn't exactly bad for video games—its performance was generally acceptable in our tests. But it is relatively weak compared to the competition.

This strange divergence between the two performance pictures isn't just confined to gaming, of course. The FX-8350 is also relatively pokey in image processing applications, in SunSpider, and in the less widely multithreaded portions of our video encoding tests. Many of these scenarios rely on one or several threads, and the FX-8350 suffers compared to recent Intel chips in such cases. Still, the contrast between the FX-8350 and the Sandy/Ivy Bridge chips isn't nearly as acute as it was with the older FX processors. Piledriver's IPC gains and that 4GHz base clock have taken the edge off of our objections.The other major consideration here is power consumption, and really, the FX-8350 isn't even the same class of product as the Ivy Bridge Core i5 processors on this front. There's a 48W gap between the TDP ratings of the Core i5 parts and the FX-8350, but in our tests, the actual difference at the wall socket between two similarly configured systems under load was over 100W. That gap is large enough to force the potential buyer to think deeply about the class of power supply, case, and CPU cooler he needs for his build. One could definitely get away with less expensive components for a Core i5 system."

"The FX-8370E stretches its legs a little in terms of minimum frame rates, particularly in SLI, however it is handily beaten by the i3-4330."

• 3 weeks later...

SLi config is nVidia term for multi gpu setups.

Gaming 5 & 7 has more features like gaming grade audio network and a fancy design and slightly more ports for HDD, mSATA and a nicer dragon design.

If you want a detail specs of the mobo, you can check msi website.

sorry if this already so long ago, but what is audio network? hope to still get a reply...

It's interesting to note that a lot of NEW games are showing an i7 as the recommendation for a CPU.