Budget Monitor

Aryon

Hello everyone,

I'm willing to buy a monitor along my new PC build.

I don't know what to choose among the bunch of stuff available but these two caught my attention :

Viewsonic VX2252MH : NewEgg

AOC I2267FWH : NewEgg

Are these actually any good ? Which one seems the best ?

I'm looking for a screen around that size (21-22") and in that range of price (100-150$), if you can think of anything better. My main demanding activity on my screen would be games aside web browsing and common tasks. No PS or 3D rendering or whatever. I'm currently running on an old laptop, so I have no real idea of how those two might compare, can you enlighten me please ?

Thanks

The AOC has a better stand but the Viewsonic has vesa mounting options if you decide to get your own stand. 

The AOC will look better being an IPS panel. If you need vesa: http://pcpartpicker.com/part/viewsonic-monitor-va2249s

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Thanks for the quick reply ! Is the image quality really that different between an IPS and a TFT display ?

I'm not actually planning on using any mounting option, I'll just keep the default stand. I suppose that the response time difference isn't really noticeable for a normal person (i.e. not an hardcore / pro gamer), right ?

I just got the same AOC monitor but 23' and I'd have to say the difference between it and my old TN is really noticeably better. I have them running side by side and the IPS looks miles better

Thanks for the quick reply ! Is the image quality really that different between an IPS and a TFT display ?

I'm not actually planning on using any mounting option, I'll just keep the default stand. I suppose that the response time difference isn't really noticeable for a normal person (i.e. not an hardcore / pro gamer), right ?

Yes, the difference is quite apparent between IPS and TN especially from any viewing angle that isn't dead straight. 

TN-vs-IPS.jpg

The response time spec is bull--ignore it from anything that isn't an in-depth monitor benchmark/review. Most modern displays have a decent response time anyway and you shouldn't need to worry much about it. 

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

Got it !  ;)

I just got the same AOC monitor but 23' and I'd have to say the difference between it and my old TN is really noticeably better. I have them running side by side and the IPS looks miles better

Thanks you everyone, I'ill pick this AOC then !

Just one question left though : I read that IPS are generally more expensive than TN, but the two here are displayed at the same price, with almost the same sizes and resolutions. Does one have better build quality or something ?

Just one question left though : I read that IPS are generally more expensive than TN, but the two here are displayed at the same price, with almost the same sizes and resolutions. Does one have better build quality or something ?

They are just different panel technologies but IPS costs more to manufacturer.