DON'T TRY THIS AT HOME!!!

Browser used: Chrome 64bit   39.0.2171.71

This morning I was chilling on forum and randomly selected this with mouse:

iqtv86o61ytc55jzg.jpg

and it looked like this:

6uyy699j6iosmrnzg.jpg

then I pointed space between 2 buttons like this:

0ccd1kuol3d5pgxzg.jpg

than I just pressed and held left mouse button and dragged it around the screen.

Than I got little lag and chromes Aw snap page.

Tried it few more time and same thing happened.

Now ~10 hours later I did same thing and whole computer went not responding. Audio stopped. Everything stopped and HDD LED wend full red. It was like that for around 60 sec and than it slowly started to come alive.

I know 99.999% of users wont do same thing but I just think that this phenomenon should be looked into as it could lead to hardware damage or data loss on someones system from what I experienced.

edit: doesn't happen in firefox

idk what u clicking nothing is happening lol 

troll?

You should probably have posted this in the bugs and issues thread (linked in my signature).

That said, the issue must a result of a browser and/or hardware issue because there's no way for a site to cause something like this, so I would advise that you file a chrome bug.

HTTP/2 203

idk what u clicking nothing is happening lol 

troll?

I just did it. My computer survived. No lag. Nothing.

I am not trolling. This happens to me I can record it with phone If you want.

can u explain where your clicking?

your specs don't seem to be a problem..

can u explain where your clicking?

In between of any of those buttons.

Oh no I do believe you I get similar bugs with other things on Chrome. Just that this one didn't do a thing to me at least :P

OS X 10.10, Chrome 39.0.2171.71 (64-bit), could not reproduce.

Any unknown button should be pressed even number of times.

In between of any of those buttons.

hmm tried all buttons, frantic moving around screen jerks nothing

any chrome updates?

hmm tried all buttons, frantic moving around screen jerks nothing

any chrome updates?

I am running 39.0.2171.71 64bit version and it says it has update. After update it asks for relaunch and After that it checks if everything is done and asks for new relaunch than again and again. I had that loop problem earlier.

I am running 39.0.2171.71 64bit version and it says it has update. After update it asks for relaunch and After that it checks if everything is done and asks for new relaunch than again and again. I had that loop problem earlier.

newest stable build is  40.0.2188.2 m (64-bit) trying installing that from chrome site and see if issue persits, thats only thing i can think of to fix the problem

Sounds like your chrome installation might be corrupt. Try uninstalling and reinstalling, and if that fails, file a bug report as I linked earlier.

You should probably have posted this in the bugs and issues thread (linked in my signature).

That said, the issue must a result of a browser and/or hardware issue because there's no way for a site to cause something like this, so I would advise that you file a chrome bug.

HTTP/2 203

Ok I have updated my browser to Version 39.0.2171.95 m (64-bit) and I do have the same thing as you explained. Comes up with the Aw Snap screen when I try to drag it around but it doesn't freeze or anything like that so I can click Reload and it's back to normal. Didn't happen before I updated.

Ok I have updated my browser to Version 39.0.2171.95 m (64-bit) and I do have the same thing as you explained. Comes up with the Aw Snap screen when I try to drag it around but it doesn't freeze or anything like that so I can click Reload and it's back to normal. Didn't happen before I updated.

update to  40.0.2188.2 m (64-bit)

it goes away

Sounds like your chrome installation might be corrupt. Try uninstalling and reinstalling, and if that fails, file a bug report as I linked earlier.

update to  40.0.2188.2 m (64-bit)

it goes away

I uninstalled chrome and installed new from google website and I still have same version :o

I uninstalled chrome and installed new from google website and I still have same version :o

dafug? im pretty im on stable

OS X 10.10, Chrome 39.0.2171.71 (64-bit), could not reproduce.

Same as above. 

Main Machine:  16 inch MacBook Pro (2021), Apple M1 Pro (10 CPU, 16 GPU Core), 512GB SDD, 16GB RAM

Gaming Machine:  Acer Nitro 5, Core i7 10750H, RTX 3060 (L) 6GB, 1TB SSD (Boot), 2TB SSD (Storage), 32GB DDR4 RAM

Other Tech: iPhone 15 Pro Max, Series 6 Apple Watch (LTE), AirPods Max, PS4, Nintendo Switch, PS3, Xbox 360

Network Gear:  TP Link Gigabit 24 Port Switch, TP-Link Deco M4 Mesh Wi-Fi, M1 MacMini File & Media Server with 8TB of RAID 1 Storage

I sent them report and we will see if they have something to say :)

I just installed Chrome Beta and everything is back to normal. I was meaning to switch to Beta anyway so :) Also got a new handy feature where you can easily switch users in Chrome for the time a friend comes over:2fccfe5944.png

I got quite a few problems with chrome crashing and other completely random stuff once, so I installed Chrome Canary. Never had issues since. I would recommend you try that.

I just installed Chrome Beta and everything is back to normal. I was meaning to switch to Beta anyway so :) Also got a new handy feature where you can easily switch users in Chrome for the time a friend comes over:2fccfe5944.png

So they already solved that bug if it doesn't happen in beta :)