Why is Guild Wars 2 so hard to run?

creativename

My specs are in the description.

My computer seems to have a really hard time running guild wars 2, it dips to like 10fps during intense battles, and when im standing still i only get like 140 fps. on average i must say my fps is about 50.

CPU: Intel Core i7 2600k | Mootherboard: ASUS P8z68v-Pro | GPU: EVGA GTX780Ti 3GB | RAM: Kingston HyperX Genesis 8GB (4GBx2) 1600mhz | PSU: Corsair AX760 | STORAGE: Samsung 840 Pro 512GB | COOLER: Noctua NH-C14 | CASE: Fractal Design Define R4 Pearl Black | Operating SystemWindows 7 Professional 64-bit |

Lower post processing & shadows?

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

It's very cup intensive and it favors lots of cores.

Edit: *cpu. Thanks autocorrect

Is it WvW or world bosses? Those 2 always bring the food down no matter what system you have.

| i5 3570 | Palit GTX 680 jetsream | Gigabyte Z77x-ud3h | Corsair Vengeance 2x4 1600mhz | WD Caviar Black  1TB | Corsair TX 650m | Coolemaster Hyper212 X | NZXT Pantom 410 | Asus VS239 | Logitech G400s |

Click here to learn how to troll

I used to play GW2 a lot, I have a i7-3770 and a 7870. Usually turning down how many people are on screen at once helps and the quality of the character models for me.

However, I'd recommend turning down draw distance and post processing for your setup. It might be too much since it is a MMO, I usually play at around 45-60FPS at all times, except for some really crazy world boss battles.

How many people on the screen? MMO's can't get around this bottleneck really.  Ex. TERA ran 80FPS 95% of the time, but when it was time for the Nexus, you'd be lucky to be getting 15fps.

AD2000x Review  Fitear To Go! 334 Review

Speakers - KEF LSX

Headphones - Sennheiser HD650, Kumitate Labs KL-Lakh

GW2 is just infamous for generally not being very optimized and CPU heavy..

I usually have everything at high except shadows-medium most of the time, Post Process I have off(personal preference for the most part) and Character quality at high but amount of characters at medium -or lower if I'm in a high pop city or something.

(Besides my gaming desktop PC) I have a 2013 Macbook Pro with the 750M 2GB and I would have to have the settings very low to play it OK(on the Mac "Beta" client, haven't tried Win 7 Bootcamp yet), yet I can play ESO fine on my Macbook Pro at Medium..

--Desktop--                                                                 

Vanya                                                              

MSI B550M Pro-VDH WIFI

AMD Ryzen 5600X

Radeon RX 6600TX

G.Skill TridentZ Neo DDR4 3600Mhz  16 x 2

My specs are in the description.

My computer seems to have a really hard time running guild wars 2, it dips to like 10fps during intense battles, and when im standing still i only get like 140 fps. on average i must say my fps is about 50.

Gets CPU bound on one core like all MMO's with many people on screen. I can go down to 30 or below on a 4.5ghz 4770k. 

There is a culling option though in the graphics settings near the bottom. It controls how many players are visible and you can set this higher or lower based on the single core speed of your cpu. A I7 2600k is very good for GW2, IF it is overclocked into the mid 4's or up. 

If I remember right the setting is called "Character Model Limit". I haven't played GW2 in awhile. Running high settings there on anything but a highly OC Sandy or up is probably not going to play well in World vs World.

CPU:24/7-4770k @ 4.5ghz/4.0 cache @ 1.22V override, 1.776 VCCIN. MB: Z87-G41 PC Mate. Cooling: Hyper 212 evo push/pull. Ram: Gskill Ares 1600 CL9 @ 2133 1.56v 10-12-10-31-T1 150 TRFC. Case: HAF 912 stock fans (no LED crap). HD: Seagate Barracuda 1 TB. Display: Dell S2340M IPS. GPU: Sapphire Tri-x R9 290. PSU:CX600M OS: Win 7 64 bit/Mac OS X Mavericks, dual boot Hackintosh.