So I am thinking of buying a new mechanical keyboard for myself as a Christmas present. I can't really decide which one I should go with.

The 6GV2 seems very durable and I am more familiar with Steelseries than Coolermaster. Not saying that CM would do bad peripherals, it's just that I don't have any CM product.

CM storm has very nice lighting and a smart way to make a compact keyboard. As for switches almost anything besides blue or green is fine with me.

I am just curious how does the black cherry mx switches feel in long period of use? Of course you get used to it, but curious anyways.

Not so sure about the brown switch so maybe I'll prefer Red and Black cherry mx switches over to browns so ;)

You can always point out a mechanical keyboard that you think would be great for me or it's simply just awesome.

As for price range I would say that CM Storm Quickfire TK red is almost in the maximum price range.(In Finland it's 94,95€ + 4,95 shipping fees)

(6GV2 is something around 73.95€ + 4,95€ shipping fees)

Price Range: So let's say it's something like 80€ - maybe 120€

I give you guys my thanks in advance :)

+( I have also tested 6GV2 in a shop and I liked the feeling of the key pressing)

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many" - Hachiman Hikigaya

Any chance for you to hold off until after CES? They will be releasing new keyboards and it is in months time. (Yearly product refreshes). 

Or would you like one now? 

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

Any chance for you to hold off until after CES? They will be releasing new keyboards and it is in months time. (Yearly product refreshes). 

Or would you like one now? 

Well the new products may cost pretty much so I would like to buy a mechanical keyboard now xD

What is CES? :o

Well the new products may cost pretty much so I would like to buy a mechanical keyboard now xD

What is CES? :o

Consumer electronics show! happens every year in Vegas?

Keyboard manufacturers usually bring out new stuff to refresh their product lines yearly. 

For example: The corsair RGB was revealed last year at CES. 

If you are a light typer, I would go with reds..if you are a bit heavy handed, go with the blacks. 

Both Steel series and CM are good! Both keyboard will serve you well in case there is a zombie apocalypse :D

"Use the force Harry" 

-Gandalf

I really like my 6GV2 with red's. There's nothing fancy to it, but as you said, it has a super durable feel to it. I went with it because I also like SteelSeries products, and thus far I have not been disappointed since buying this keyboard almost a year ago.

I wouldn't mind trying a new Corsair board, but I likely won't be changing boards until this one stops working all together. Get's a thumbs up from me and my limited mechanical keyboard experience.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

I really like my 6GV2 with red's. There's nothing fancy to it, but as you said, it has a super durable feel to it. I went with it because I also like SteelSeries products, and thus far I have not been disappointed since buying this keyboard almost a year ago.

I wouldn't mind trying a new Corsair board, but I likely won't be changing boards until this one stops working all together. Get's a thumbs up from me and my limited mechanical keyboard experience.

WHAAT? Cherry mx red switches? I only know 6GV2 with black switches :o

WHAAT? Cherry mx red switches? I only know 6GV2 with black switches :o

There are 2 versions. One with Reds and one with Blacks. Seen both in person at my local Memory Express. Mine has the reds.

Never say it's not broken. Everything is broken. Why? Because everything needs MOAR POWA!

I have both the 6gv2 with blacks and quickfire tk with browns (white leds) the v2 is great really heavy but the quickfire tk is awesome the browns in it in my opninon make typing and gaming easier as you can feel the actuation and being a ten keyless for me makes it better than the v2 unless you need all them buttons haha