crossfire r9 290?

kimura1243
Go to solution Solved by ImBleu,

You'd get $300 off your heating bill for starters. 

The bonus is THEORETICALLY getting double the performance, but this is almost never the case. Just search benchmarks for single R9 290s and then benchmarks for R9 290s in xfire (or R9 295x2 Benchmarks). You'll see the benefits. You won't get more Core Speed / Memory Clock / Vram, you'd just 2 lots of it.

4GB Vram + 4GB Vram still equals 4GB of total Vram.

Hello! I bought an Gigabyte r9 290 and i'm wondering what will i get if i crossfire it with another r9 290.

Will it increase the Core Speed or Memory? I was searcing in google but couldn't find exactly what is the "bonus" you get for crossfiring. 

You'd get $300 off your heating bill for starters. 

The bonus is THEORETICALLY getting double the performance, but this is almost never the case. Just search benchmarks for single R9 290s and then benchmarks for R9 290s in xfire (or R9 295x2 Benchmarks). You'll see the benefits. You won't get more Core Speed / Memory Clock / Vram, you'd just 2 lots of it.

4GB Vram + 4GB Vram still equals 4GB of total Vram.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Hello! I bought an Gigabyte r9 290 and i'm wondering what will i get if i crossfire it with another r9 290.

Will it increase the Core Speed or Memory? I was searcing in google but couldn't find exactly what is the "bonus" you get for crossfiring. 

Going with crossfire will increase your perfrmance roughly double what you get for a single card

But their are some disadvantages :

More heat

More energy

Need space

What will you be doing with your pc?

Going with crossfire will increase your perfrmance roughly double what you get for a single card

But their are some disadvantages :

More heat

More energy

Need space

What will you be doing with your pc?

I'll use it for gaming and video editing mainly. 

You'd gain better gaming performance basically. Higher FPS in games. Although this depends on the game and sometimes the CPU.

Generally, most triple A titles should gain a good 60-90% performance boost with crossfire/sli.

There are times when a game will get too CPU intensive to support two high end cards. 290 xfire is such setup. If you use an intel i5 this won't be much of an issue. If you're using AMD there may be some CPU bottle necking issues in certain games.