My parents recently upgraded our network to 45mbs

The Last MeMe

Before we were on a 10mbs plan and i could play CS:GO or any other online game just fine... Yesterday after the upgrade (same company AT&T) i now cannot play ANY online game without lagging badly... my ping fluctuates horribly usually between 70-150 (before the upgrade i would sit at around 50) ive restarted the router.. disconnected everything else on the network, and restarted my computer and netgear wireless adapter MANY times (also i only sit one room away from the router)... Ofc when i say something to my parents about it and they say typical non-techie things like "its just your computer", "there is nothing wrong with it" and other typical non techie bullshit. I havent had a chance to test this out on my brothers gaming PC yet but ive got a feeling its going to be the same thing.

Speedtest result: http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/3965814968 (Just earlier i tested it and was getting 20 down) and ive tested it on my parents computer which is connected via ethernet and they get about 48mbs

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

Ask if you can talk to AT&T about it yourself.. Like call them up or something telling them about your problems.. They might be able to help.

Anybody else have a suggestion?

My rig: Case: Corsair 760T CPU: Intel 4690k MOBO: MSI Z79 Gaming 5 RaM: 16gb HyperX SSD: 256gb Samsung pro HDD: 1tb Toshiba PSU: Thermaltake smart 750 GPU: 1x GTX 1080 Founders edition

Anybody else have a suggestion?

You said yourself, it WAS fine, Don't go changing anything on your end & Read below.

Ask if you can talk to AT&T about it yourself.. Like call them up or something telling them about your problems.. They might be able to help.

This dude..This.

No1 can help you do tests on the connection except the people who give you the connection.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

You said yourself, it WAS fine, Don't go changing anything on your end & Read below.

This dude..This.

No1 can help you do tests on the connection except the people who give you the connection.

Alright thanks

I was on Time Warner Cable and upgraded to their 30 mbps connection. It was horrible, I would say I never got the advertised speeds and I was always calling them to resolve my ping but they never did resolve it.

I hope you get better support than I did.

This was back in 2010-2011 I think.

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/

uppercut, problem solved.

- I don´t think a good ping comes always with a fast connection, we have providers who offer slower internet connection but with lower ping rates, maybe router?. I don´t think the contract can be downgraded, but maybe canceled in a time zone of 6 weeks.

You need to tell your parents how shitty your internet is, just use the whole bandwith while they are on their phone watching youtube XDDDDD 4k videos ftw 

Grab a torrent client and start grabbing the torrents with the largest seed base. Be sure to open up your number of connections in preferences before you do so for maximum effect. I recommend utorrent.

That's if you want to drive home the point of a shitty connection to them.

Play the greatest game ever. TF2. http://www.teamfortress.com/