Can my pc handle GTX970?

Go to solution Solved by Oshtro,

If you can use the 760 without problems then a 970 will be no problem as the 760 does use more power then the 970.

Hello

I have been wondering if my pc could handle a gtx 970, currently its running a msi gtx 760 just fine.

The thing is my powersupply is vs450 from Corsair. The rest of my pc specs are here: 

Case: Sharkoon BD28 Blue edition
Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-970A-DS3P (AMD CrossfireX)
CPU: AMD FX-8320 ( 8x 3500 Mhz ) Octocore -its not overclocked and still has the standard cooler
RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz 2x 4GB (Crucial Ballistix - Dual Channel
GPU: nVidia GTX 760 (MSI N760 TF 2GD5/OC - 2048 MB GDDR5)  Also not overclocked
A 1tb harddisk
And a dvd drive

I know the gtx 970 needs a 500 watt powersupply but the gtx 760 needs that too but its running fine on my psu and i have heard that the 970 uses a little less power, so i was wondering can i get the gtx 970 to work on my psu?

I dont plan on overclocking it or anything

Thanks for the help ;)

If you can use the 760 without problems then a 970 will be no problem as the 760 does use more power then the 970.

i7 4790K @4.7GHz; MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition; Klevv Neo 4x4Gb 2400Mhz; PNY GeForce GTX 980; Crucial M500 240GB SSD; Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD; Corsair RM750; NZXT Kraken X61 

Thanks a lot! Than I am going to buy a gtx 970 very soon! it seems like a great card. Also do you know how much more another 8 gb of ram will use? dont think it will be a lot. but maybe worth to upgrade too in the future

Fitting isnt a problem too

Yeah there is still enough space in this awesome case ;)

Thanks a lot! Than I am going to buy a gtx 970 very soon! it seems like a great card. Also do you know how much more another 8 gb of ram will use? dont think it will be a lot. but maybe worth to upgrade too in the future

Im not too sure how much power ram uses but ill link a pretty good power calculator you can use to get a really good estimate of total power consumption.

http://www.extreme.outervision.com/psucalculatorlite.jsp

i7 4790K @4.7GHz; MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition; Klevv Neo 4x4Gb 2400Mhz; PNY GeForce GTX 980; Crucial M500 240GB SSD; Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD; Corsair RM750; NZXT Kraken X61