so Dragon Age Inquisition won game of the year....

Katsu-K1L

:(

would've liked to see dark souls win....

also anybody felt like this game awards thing seems similar to MTV Music award thingy, it felt retarded and cheesy all the time since the presenter seemed like he Didn't know what he was talking about half of the time..

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

I don't know about you, but Dark Souls 2 is still my personal game of the year.

Haven't played Inquisition yet.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

Haven't play Dragon age but looks like a lot of fun.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Personally, I think Watch Dogs was the game of the year. jk 

As someone who owns this game, I do not think that it deserves to be game of the year. Here is why.

Not that I pay attention to this sort of thing. "Game of the Year" meant something when I was younger, but these days it seems like a bit of a farce...along with pretty much everything else to do with the industry.

Well, Wolf should have gotten shooter of the year

Dork Souls should have been GOTY

I agree with the best soundtrack nod to Destiny

i think Sm4sh wins best fighter just by default

titanfall should have beat destiny for best online

Out of the options for dev of the year i think its basically Nintendo or nothing

South park should have one over Equality age for RPG of the year

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I actually liked the show a lot.  Lots of good, gaming-centric moments.  Having Ken and Roberta Williams come out and receive the 'lifetime achievement' award was really cool and respectful.  The musical performances were all very good (and actually focused around games).  Lindsey Stirling was fucking amazing out there with her violin and I can't really give enough praise for Imagine Dragons and Koji Kondo.  And, for the most part, I liked the nominees for all the awards.  When I heard that they were doing this show, I expected to see Assassins Creed, CoD, Destiny, and the like up for Game of the Year.  All those big time games with massive hype.  The fact that Dark Souls II was even up there for Game of the Year on a stage like this is a very good thing.  And this is coming from someone who (for whatever reason) really did not 'get' Dark Souls I or II, but is well aware that many gamers adore the franchise and consider it something special.

Seriously...let's all remember Joel McHale last year.  Remember.....

CPU: Intel i7 7700K · MoBo: Asus Maximus Hero IX · RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum (2x8GB 2400MHz CL10) · GPU: EVGA SC+ GTX 980Ti (6 GB)
Case: Fractal Define R5, Black, Windowed · AMC: Corsair H90 with NF-A14 PWM (Pull)  · PSU Corsair HX 750W · SSD: 500GB Samsung 840 EVO
HDDs: WD Black 2TB and 2x Red 5TB · OS: Windows 10 · KB: Logitech 710+ · Mouse: Logitech G700S 
· Monitor: Acer XB270HU

I actually liked the show a lot.  Lots of good, gaming-centric moments.  Having Ken and Roberta Williams come out and receive the 'lifetime achievement' award was really cool and respectful.  The musical performances were all very good (and actually focused around games).  Lindsey Stirling was fucking amazing out there with her violin and I can't really give enough praise for Imagine Dragons and Koji Kondo.  And, for the most part, I liked the nominees for all the awards.  When I heard that they were doing this show, I expected to see Assassins Creed, CoD, Destiny, and the like up for Game of the Year.  All those big time games with massive hype.  The fact that Dark Souls II was even up there for Game of the Year on a stage like this is a very good thing.  And this is coming from someone who (for whatever reason) really did not 'get' Dark Souls I or II, but is well aware that many gamers adore the franchise and consider it something special.

Seriously...let's all remember Joel McHale last year.  Remember.....

i fucking loved it when they announced 65daysofstatic was gonna play, i shit my pants and was fangirling throughout the entire performance since they're one of my favorite bands of all time

My PC

[ I5 4690k (no oc) - Gigabyte Z97 D3H - 8GB Ram - Sapphire R9 280X Vapor-X ]

Just saying it won GOTY is an incomplete sentence IMO, you need to include who gave it GOTY because there isn't a single over arching GOTY every publication and show has one ;)

It is not a weird thing that someone will eventually give GOTY to Inquisition. Not saying it is a bad game, but for me it isn't an outstanding game either. Yes it is a game you need to play, but for me that is because there are no other games worth playing at that moment... it is a mediocre game for me, how a game is supposed to be at release...

But if it is up to me to decide who gets the GOTY title, it still is Dragon Age for me for the lack of competition...

Gadgets: Lenovo Y580 (Nostromo, Naga Epic, Hydra, TrackIr5), Surface Pro 3 (i3), Lumia 930, PSVita

Rig: i7-4770K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Asus Strix GTX970, MSI Z87-GD65, Asus Xonar DGX, CMStorm Scout II, CM Seidon 240M, BlackWidow Ultimate, Naga Epic, Goliathus Extended Control, TrackIr5, Sennheiser HD205, Audio-Technica ATR2500, Edifier speaker, Logitech G940, Logitech G27, Logitech F710, Dell S2340L, Philips 200VL, Samsung 830 128GB SSD, DXRacer FA01N

Because TW3 comes out next year.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Dragon age has been one of my top favorite series, other than The Witcher and Mass Effect. Although I haven't played Inquisition yet, I'm sure it will be a good game.

My Rig:

Spoiler

Case: NZXT H210 CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3700x  Motherboard:  MSI B450 AM4 Motherboard  Memory: GeIL EVO POTENZA 16GB Video Card: MSI RX480 Power Supply: Corsair TX 750w Storage: Samsung 840 120GB And a 500GB WD BLUE Monitor: Acer S231HLbid 23" and an old Dell Mouse: RAZER DeathAdder 3.5G Keyboard: Ducky DK9008G2 PRO MX Cherry Blue

Dragon age has been one of my top favorite series, other than The Witcher and Mass Effect. Although I haven't played Inquisition yet, I'm sure it will be a good game.

It feels less detailed than 1 but not quite as openworld or as detailed as world in Skyrim.

Not the worst game ever but definitely feels flat compared to modded or even vanilla Skyrim.

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...

Stupid fantasy game.It isn't even worth a look.Mages with big ass sticks that throw goo.