Personal hotspot emergency question!

Exansis

Hi, i moved in to a new house and the internet is to far away so i ordered a powerline but it havnt arrived yet. So i tought i could use my iphones hotspot for a couple days. But i cant get it working on my stationary pc. I can manage to get it working on laptop but i dont have it anymore.

So the question is how do i get it working on a stationary pc. What i have tryed so far is to just turn on hotspot then connect with usb. Both on my sidepanel and the mobo usb ports. But it doesnt work. Is there any setting or something i have to do before it recognise it?? It went atomaticly on when i have done this with my old laptop. Btw i got windows 8.1!

Cheers

Let me take you to the mountain!!

Pretty much sums it up.

I'm just a norwegien skier/snowboarder addicted to pow.

Hi, i moved in to a new house and the internet is to far away so i ordered a powerline but it havnt arrived yet. So i tought i could use my iphones hotspot for a couple days. But i cant get it working on my stationary pc. I can manage to get it working on laptop but i dont have it anymore.

So the question is how do i get it working on a stationary pc. What i have tryed so far is to just turn on hotspot then connect with usb. Both on my sidepanel and the mobo usb ports. But it doesnt work. Is there any setting or something i have to do before it recognise it?? It went atomaticly on when i have done this with my old laptop. Btw i got windows 8.1!

Cheers

if you have a a wifi adapter, you can use that and connect though wifi. with my phone (galaxy s4) I plug it in, turn on the hotspot, and windows 8.1 sees it instantly. for my brothers computer, he had to go to samsungs site to download the drivers for it to work properly.

Cheers

Hi! Welcome to the forums.

You're actually confusing two different things.

A Hot spot, and what is called "tethering".

A hots pot is when your iphone uses it's 3G/4G/LTE Mobile Data connection as an uplink to the web, and then uses it's internal WiFi antenna to create a small wifi network, known as a "Hot spot". This technique works over WiFi only. If your desktop (Your "Stationary PC" as you keep calling it), does not have a WiFi card, then it cannot connect over the Hot Spot.

The other method is called Tethering. Tethering connects to your PC over USB (Or Bluetooth, but again, a Bluetooth module must be installed inside the PC to work). There are many guides on how to do either:

http://www.iphonefaq.org/archives/971640

There is one such (I just randomly googled it).

iTunes is required on the PC for Tethering.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

To use the personal hotspot on iphone you have to pay for it from your phone provider like EE  ect unless your phone is jail broken.