AMD RADEON R9 270X 2GB GDDR5 256-bit PROBLEM! HELP PLEASE!

Rango91

Hi everyone...i have the following problem that is driving me CRAZY!!
i bought this card 5 days ago..every game runs at 30FPS max settings but it sttuters somehow..especialy when turning the camera in a way where it has much details in game...and this is happening in older games too...And the same happens when i turn down details to LOWEST AND RES to 640x480!!! HELPP!!
i had GEFORCE 9600GT GoldenSample from GAINWARD 256-bit 1GB DDR3.. no problem what it can run...dx 10 card.,.
My PC specs are :
AMD PHENOM X4 9550+ 2.2GHZ

6 GB DDR2 800
ASUS M4A78PRO 
HARD WDD500...AND THE POWER SUPPLY 500W CHIEFTECH

Now...does enyone have a clue what should i do ...do i change PSU or CPU..i have a feelling that is something of this two ...PLEASE HELP!!!

Replace that psu now, it's a piece of shit, and your cpu will hold you back in many games. 

PSU Tier List | CoC

Gaming Build | FreeNAS Server

Spoiler

i5-4690k || Seidon 240m || GTX780 ACX || MSI Z97s SLI Plus || 8GB 2400mhz || 250GB 840 Evo || 1TB WD Blue || H440 (Black/Blue) || Windows 10 Pro || Dell P2414H & BenQ XL2411Z || Ducky Shine Mini || Logitech G502 Proteus Core

Spoiler

FreeNAS 9.3 - Stable || Xeon E3 1230v2 || Supermicro X9SCM-F || 32GB Crucial ECC DDR3 || 3x4TB WD Red (JBOD) || SYBA SI-PEX40064 sata controller || Corsair CX500m || NZXT Source 210.

Replace, in order of importance

PSU

Cpu/mb

Ram

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

i bought this card 5 days ago..every game runs at 30FPS max settings but it sttuters somehow..especialy when turning the camera in a way where it has much details in game...and this is happening in older games too...And the same happens when i turn down details to LOWEST AND RES to 640x480!!! HELPP!!

i had GEFORCE 9600GT GoldenSample from GAINWARD 256-bit 1GB DDR3.. no problem what it can run...dx 10 card.,.

My PC specs are :

6 GB DDR2 800

ASUS M4A78PRO 

Now...does enyone have a clue what should i do ...do i change PSU or CPU..i have a feelling that is something of this two ...PLEASE HELP!!!

Replace, in order of importance

PSU

Cpu/mb

Ram

Exactly. Guys, remember to quote the the OP if he isn't following.

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

Exactly. Guys, remember to quote the the OP if he isn't following.

Soo basicly i should buy everything new exept the R9 270X that i just bought...there must be another way :/

Soo basicly i should buy everything new exept the R9 270X that i just bought...there must be another way :/

eh, sorry. like with a car, you cant just buy a massive turbo and expect to have a drag car. you need to upgrade the rest also. 

you can get a new cpu/mobo, and ram for like 200$. my brother had a stuttering issue and bad fps because his system was holding the gpu back. exact same sitatuion, spent 250, and now his computer is golden. 

@Rango91

How did you go about transitioning from NV to AMD drivers, the issue could be related to the switch.

Also, what %GPU usage do you see during games?

eh, sorry. like with a car, you cant just buy a massive turbo and expect to have a drag car. you need to upgrade the rest also. 

you can get a new cpu/mobo, and ram for like 200$. my brother had a stuttering issue and bad fps because his system was holding the gpu back. exact same sitatuion, spent 250, and now his computer is golden. 

Too bad...THX FOR THE HELP ANYWAY :)

that cpu ram and... well everything in your computer is just going to hold you back lets say

@Rango91

How did you go about transitioning from NV to AMD drivers, the issue could be related to the switch.

Also, what %GPU usage do you see during games?

I was about to by the GTX6602GB OC windforce but the price went up..and R9 270x is in the same range as the gtx 660 (of course i would buy gtx660) ...gpu usage is not maxed ...but the CPU usage is ..at least 2 cores are always 90-100% :/...Would selling this card and buying GTX750ti make any differrence ?? I saw here: http://www.game-debate.com/gpu/index.php?gid=2074&gid2=1985&compare=geforce-gtx-750-ti-gainward-golden-sample-2gb-edition-vs-radeon-r9-270x-xfx-double-d-black-edition ....that one of recomended CPUS for GTX750ti is an AMD PHENOM 9750 X4...my is AMD PHENOM 9550 X4????

I was about to by the GTX6602GB OC windforce but the price went up..and R9 270x is in the same range as the gtx 660 (of course i would buy gtx660) ...gpu usage is not maxed ...but the CPU usage is ..at least 2 cores are always 90-100% :/...Would selling this card and buying GTX750ti make any differrence ??

The 270X is a good graphics card; you can play any game on medium-high settings at decent fps with it. If GPU usage is not maxed and CPU is at 100% it is because the latter is at it's limit and therefore holding the graphics card back... because you're PC is just... OLD. Still, did you make sure you've uninstalled all the Nvidia drivers and have the latest AMD drivers installed?

i7 4790K || R9 290X + R9 290 || 16GB G.Skill TridentX 1866 || Gigabyte Z97MX Gaming 5 || Crucial MX100 256GB || WD Caviar Blue 1TB

I was about to by the GTX6602GB OC windforce but the price went up..and R9 270x is in the same range as the gtx 660 (of course i would buy gtx660) ...gpu usage is not maxed ...but the CPU usage is ..at least 2 cores are always 90-100% :/...Would selling this card and buying GTX750ti make any differrence ??

The 750TI will be the same as any other card of decent power you throw in, limited by the rest of the system.

The 270x is no slouch anyway, I have one as well as my 290, 270x plays 1080p driven titles with ease.

A New PSU/Motherboard/CPU/Ram is a sure fire way to get 100% out of your card.

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Unfortunately, in today's world you need more then just a GPU upgrade to speed up your computer. Basically, you're being held back by the rest of your computer because your processor and ram are going to limit the graphics cards full potential.

I recommend buying a new PSU first. After I would get a new motherboard, cpu and some ddr3 ram. 

The biggest bottleneck is the Aussie internet..

CPU: i5 4690k @ 3.5 | GPU: Sapphire Tri-X R9 290 | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97X-SOC | RAM: 8GB DDR3 @ 1333 | Storage: 2TB HDD, 500GB HDD & 120GB SSD | CPU Cooling: Hyper 212 Evo x 2 fans | Case: ThermalTake S41 

Display: 2 x 1080p Monitors | Keyboard: Logitech G510s | Mouse: DragonWar Phantom Battle Version | Mouse Pad: Logitech G240 | Audio: Logitech z506 Speakers & Audio Technica ATH-M50x | Misc: PS3, Iphone 5s & Ipad Air 

My PC specs are :

6 GB DDR2 800

ASUS M4A78PRO 

Your gpu want to do it best but everything else in your computer is holding it back. You should get a better cpu then upgrade your ram to ddr3

Mainboard:ROG-STRIX-B360-G-GAMING/Cpu:I5 8400 /Gpu: Galax RTX 2070 /Ram: Corsair Vengeance 16 GB DDR4/ Storage:1TB HDD 2 Corsair SSD PSU : Corsair 550W/Cooling: Silverstone Air Cooler/ / Case : Corsair/Keyboard:Razer Chroma TKL/Mouse:Mionix Castor+Steelseries Qck Mass/Headphone:V Moda M100 

Quote me if you when me to reply to something. 

I would have said it was because of having a pcie version 1 slot like my old computer (old gaming rig that still does well in loads of games-but with a throttled gtx 650 ti) but after looking at the specs I don't see why your getting stuttering. Perhaps you should open task manager (Ctrl+Shift+Esc), click the performance tab, minimize it and play the games that are giving you issues then check the CPU usage after 10-15mins. I noticed that on my old computer it wasn't always the graphics card at fault for lag/stuttering.

CPU: Core 2 Duo E8500 OC@ 3.8GHz

Graphics card: GTX 650 Ti

Motherboard: Asus P5K-VM

RAM: 6GB (was at 8GB but a stick failed)

HDD: WD 800BB 80GB (spare)

PSU: Thermaltake 500W (came with my new rigs case)

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

My PC specs are :

6 GB DDR2 800

ASUS M4A78PRO 

As others have stated, time for some new components....if you want LTT members to assist, post in the appropriate forum, give a budget and someone (many someones) will be glad to point you in a direction. 

Case: Silverstone SG09B Motherboard: MSI Z10 Morter M-ATX CPU: I5-6600K  Ram: Corsair LP 2400 DD4 16GB GPU: MSI RX 480 Storage: Seagate HDD Baracuda 2TB x2, Crucial M200 500GB SSD X2 (Raid 0)PSU: Silverstone Strider Gold 1000W w/PP05E Kit

"When to say :blink: WTF :blink: ....$2K rig only used for Minesweeper and Internet Checkers marathons...."

That's some old hardware you got there, replace cpu/mobo/ram/psu and you are done

Scarlet KnightIntel Core i3 6100 || Antec A40 Pro CPU Cooler || MSI Z170A Gaming M5 || Kingston HyperX 16GB DDR4-2133MHz || Samsung 850 Evo 120GB || Seagate Barracuda 1TB || Gigabyte G1 Gaming R9 390X 8GB || Seasonic M12II 620W || In Win 503 || Corsair Strafe || Steelseries Kinzu V3 MSI Edition || Dell UltraSharp U2414H || Xiaomi Alumunium Mouse Pad (S)

#Gadget: 

Phone: BlackBerry Classic Q20, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-LTE SM-N916S

Console: PlayStation 4 500GB CUH-1206A

Tablet: iPad Air 2 16GB Wi-fi Only

Laptop: MSI GE62 (i7 4720HQ || 8GB DDR3 || NVIDIA GTX960M || Samsung 650 EVO 120GB + 1TB HDD)

In-ear Monitor: Xiaomi Piston 3.0