Looking for a mouse for CS:GO

TwOne
Go to solution Solved by TwOne,

I made a choice: the G402. I felt like I really needed the extra buttons the Deathadder didn't have. But, I also don't need many of the extra features the G502 has. I like Logitech, I have had tons of their mice in the past (currently using a M110 as replacement). 

So I trimmed down the list to:

Logitech G502

Logitech G402

Corsair M65 (either the regular one or the one with fancy lights)

Razer Deathadder 2013 or Chroma

SteelSeries Rival

I was really unsure about the Zowie brand, so it's not in here. Might get a mouse from them later down the line once they gain popularity and have more models available (that don't look color clashing)

Laptop: Intel Core i5-4200H, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce 840M

Desktop: Intel Core i3-6100, 8GB RAM, 750GB HDD, GeForce GTX 750 Ti

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, after thinking for very long, my Logitech M500 broke (common sensor issues), and the shop I bought it at allowed me to trade it in for a different mouse.

So currently I have to decide between the:

Logitech G402 (€59,99)

Razer Deathadder Chroma (€69,99) 2013 costs the same FYI, so pretty easy choice

They sadly don't have any SteelSeries or Zowie mice. 

I prefer a mouse I can palmgrip and fingertip grip well, has a great sensor, and that has grippy (preferably less sweaty) grips.

I don't mind having extra buttons, and won't be using DPI's higher than 1000. I have quite small hands (but large fingers, and wider hands)

I like heavy mice (100-150grams).

I'm currently leaning towards the Razer mouse, but I'm afraid my IRL friend will not really be happy for not choosing Logitech.

The g400s is one of the mice that suffers from excessive smoothing. Ideally you want to avoid it.

Somehow the original G400 ducked out of this one. I can vouch that it's a solid mouse but there's better for the money.

Ok, after thinking for very long, my Logitech M500 broke (common sensor issues), and the shop I bought it at allowed me to trade it in for a different mouse.

So currently I have to decide between the:

Logitech G402 (€59,99)

Razer Deathadder Chroma (€69,99) 2013 costs the same FYI, so pretty easy choice

They sadly don't have any SteelSeries or Zowie mice. 

I prefer a mouse I can palmgrip and fingertip grip well, has a great sensor, and that has grippy (preferably less sweaty) grips.

I don't mind having extra buttons, and won't be using DPI's higher than 1000. I have quite small hands (but large fingers, and wider hands)

I like heavy mice (100-150grams).

I'm currently leaning towards the Razer mouse, but I'm afraid my IRL friend will not really be happy for not choosing Logitech.

Sad to hear that your M500 died. Mine's still going along without issue.

Having used the rubber-y stuff that Logitech puts on their mice, I can vouch that sweaty hands are not an issue. If the Deathadder Chroma is made of the same stuff as the Deathadder, then that will grip well as well. I still avoid recommending Razer prodcucts (especially the Deathadder, had some pretty poor experiences with them). 

Also...

your friend has some sort of blind loyalty issue. Don't listen to people who recommend one brand and one brand only. I would hope that if you chose something like a Roccat or Zowie mouse that he wouldn't be ticked off by that.

So.

I vote G402.

My opinion.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

then yeah, the zowie fk1 is the obvious choice.

zowie fk1 or g502 or g402 or a corsair fps mouse(forgot the name)

Zowie FK2, also. It's a touch smaller.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

As I said, the shop which offered me this, don't have Zowie, SteelSeries or Roccat mice (I would've preferred a SteelSeries mouse, but eh), the "money back" stuff is for if there is no way the could arrange anything else. 

As I said, the shop which offered me this, don't have Zowie, SteelSeries or Roccat mice (I would've preferred a SteelSeries mouse, but eh), the "money back" stuff is for if there is no way the could arrange anything else. 

Well, the Corsair M65 is a great mouse (my favorite mouse I might add) and can say that it's very good for FPS shooters with that big button by your thumb. People will set that button to program the DPI to an extreme low when you hit that button making sniping a lot easier. It's useful once you get the hang of it.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

The truth all of this is varying and if ur a fanboy or u own the product u probably wont give an accurate overview. These mice all perform on a similiar level so it is up to which software u like better and which u think will do u better in the long run. :)

I literally cannot live without my logitech g502. I have never owned a more amazing mouse. It's perfect for CS GO; I use it all the time.

I made a choice: the G402. I felt like I really needed the extra buttons the Deathadder didn't have. But, I also don't need many of the extra features the G502 has. I like Logitech, I have had tons of their mice in the past (currently using a M110 as replacement).