Anything better price/silence/performance than be quiet!?

rentaspoon

Asides Noctuas? I'm really impressed by the pure rock and the pure wings fan, you can't hear them at 9v and at 12v they are still whisper quiet and no motor noise, not a bad price either.

I need 2 140mm fans for my enthoo pro and while noise never bothered me before, it winds up my GF

Anyone recommend anything like for like or better.

Better noise/performance fans other than Noctua?--don't think so.

There are better value fans that aren't as good for noise/performance though.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Better noise/performance fans other than Noctua?--don't think so.

There are better value fans that aren't as good for noise/performance though.

Anything better than be quiet? I'm not as impressed as most people with noctuas but they're wide choice of fans are a nice option when your building other peoples PCs.

While we're talking about noctuas why do people dislike the redux versions?

Noiseblockers. Better than Noctuas, bring it on.

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Anything better than be quiet? I'm not as impressed as most people with noctuas but they're wide choice of fans are a nice option when your building other peoples PCs. While we're talking about noctuas why do people dislike the redux versions?

For noise/performance, I don't think there isn't anything other than Noctua. Which noctua fans have you had experience with?

Redux is 'non-faithful' being grey and doesn't compensate by being 'hardcore/industrial'. 

Noiseblockers. Better than Noctuas, bring it on.

Might want to back that up with some sources.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

For noise/performance, I don't think there isn't anything other than Noctua. Which noctua fans have you had experience with?

Admittedly a lot of the older stuff, up until recently I found that Silverstone fans were as good and cost next to nothing but they've changed the colours and upped the prices.

TBH I a person that buys stuff people don't use that often to see how good they are, I usually find underdogs.

The thing is I don't understand why people would pay double for silent wings when pure wings are cheaper and as good.

Performance wise the Noctua's really can't be beat for the silence they offer compared to many others, as well as with their static pressure on some of their fans - only fans that can kick them down in performance and pressure, but not in noise would be Delta's., but they're jet engines at those ridiculously high RPM's.

Admittedly a lot of the older stuff, up until recently I found that Silverstone fans were as good and cost next to nothing but they've changed the colours and upped the prices.

TBH I a person that buys stuff people don't use that often to see how good they are, I usually find underdogs.

The thing is I don't understand why people would pay double for silent wings when pure wings are cheaper and as good.

If you're referring to Silverstone AP's, they aren't nearly as quiet as Noctuas or BeQuiets. 

Pure Wings are louder and more optimized while Silent Wings have better airflow and are quieter. Silent Wings are better and more versatile/balanced in that way. 

Performance wise the Noctua's really can't be beat for the silence they offer compared to many others, as well as with their static pressure on some of their fans - only fans that can kick them down in performance and pressure, but not in noise would be Delta's., but they're jet engines at those ridiculously high RPM's.

There are plenty of better performing fans than Noctuas but not so much for noise/performance. Jetflos are a great example that can often outperform Industrial Noctuas.

I'm a "fan" of Cougar. They're often cheap, have awesome performance, and are pretty silent.

http://www.cougar-world.com/us/products/fans/vortex_pwm.html

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553016

1. GLaDOS: i5 6600 EVGA GTX 1070 FE EVGA Z170 Stinger Cooler Master GeminS524 V2 With LTT Noctua NFF12 Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3200 MHz Corsair SF450 850 EVO 500 Gb CableMod Widebeam White LED 60cm 2x Asus VN248H-P, Dell 12" G502 Proteus Core Logitech G610 Orion Cherry Brown Logitech Z506 Sennheiser HD 518 MSX
  2. Lenovo Z40 i5-4200U GT 820M 6 GB RAM 840 EVO 120 GB
  3. Moto X4 G.Skill 32 GB Micro SD Spigen Case Project Fi

Redux is 'non-faithful' being grey and doesn't compensate by being 'hardcore/industrial'. 

Might want to back that up with some sources.

Nope. I'm too lazy for that man. But there are lots of sound/air flow/noise tests in youtube. You can find them if you want. NBs even sound better, it's like music to my ears. :) Noctuas are not the only option people of LTT, eLoops are better. And there is not much price difference between them.

Here you go, as a random act of kindness from a  fellow member! :)

SimRacer - Casual FSX Pilot!

Spoiler

Mobo: MSI B550 Tomahawk | CPU: Ryzen R5 3600 | GPU: Vega 64 Sapphire Nitro | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4 3200Mhz | PSU: EVGA P2 1000W 80Plus Platinum | Storage: 256GB Samsung 840 Pro SSD - 1TB WD Black - 2TB Seagate HDD | Cooling: Dark Rock Pro 3, Noiseblocker eLoop Fans | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Audio: Sennheiser HD598 - JBL LSR305s | Display: BenQ EX3501R, Asus VG278H

Spoiler

Nope. I'm too lazy for that man. But there are lots of sound/air flow/noise tests in youtube. You can find them if you want. NBs even sound better, it's like music to my ears. :) Noctuas are not the only option people of LTT, eLoops are better. And there is not much price difference between them.

Here you go, as a random act of kindness from a  fellow member! :)

Noctuas aren't quiet at full speeds but are much better at lower voltages. NF-P12's sound great imo at 5-6.5v and I prefer them over F12's due to higher airflow and a better hum. 

NF-F12's are louder than P12's but still quieter than eLoops at lower speeds due to how pwm is implemented.and have a better performance/noise ratio.

If you're referring to Silverstone AP's, they aren't nearly as quiet as Noctuas or BeQuiets. Pure Wings are louder and more optimized while Silent Wings have better airflow and are quieter. Silent Wings are better and more versatile/balanced in that way.
I'm mainly talking about FN series although I find Silverstone AP are like noctua fans you don't run them at 12v unless you want the performance and for me both have motor whine (admittedly not as loud as some).There's so little noise from pure wings that I can't see why you would by silent wings that's all. Be quiets names are confusing!Well thanks I think I might buy a few noctuas and be quiets and see what I prefer, I'll give the ones I don't want to dad as an Xmas pressie!
Here you go, as a random act of kindness from a fellow member! :)
I thought you couldn't use eloops because they rub against the case as intakes?

The silent wings and the pure wings are the same too me, just buy that ones that are on sale, or the ones that are cheaper.

Build

Mobo: MSI B550 MAG Tomahawk  ||||| Ram: 32 GB GSkill Trident Z RGB ||||| CPU: Ryzen 5800X ||||| GPU: ASUS RTX 3080 TUF OC ||||| Mouse: Logitech G502 ||||| Headset: Sony WH1000XM3 ||||| Keyboard: Logitech G810 Orion Spectrum ||||| Monitors: Acer XG270HU & LG UltraGear 34GP83A-B ||||| AudioStuff: ONKYO DAC HA200 / Audio Techinca ath-ad900x / MXL TEMPO KR USB Condenser Microphone ||||| Storage: 4 TB WD Black --- 2 TB WD Red --- Toshiba 258 GB M.2  ||||| Custom Loop -  Radiators: 3x360 Rad ||||| Case: LianLi O11d XL Black ||||| PSU: Seasonic X series GOLD 1250w

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 9570 4k With a Logitech MX Master

I'm mainly talking about FN series although I find Silverstone AP are like noctua fans you don't run them at 12v unless you want the performance and for me both have motor whine (admittedly not as loud as some). There's so little noise from pure wings that I can't see why you would by silent wings that's all. Be quiets names are confusing! Well thanks I think I might buy a few noctuas and be quiets and see what I prefer, I'll give the ones I don't want to dad as an Xmas pressie!

I thought you couldn't use eloops because they rub against the case as intakes?

Noise is subjective. I wasn't satisfied with my system until I had nothing making noise but 5v NF-P12's and 3TB WD Reds suspended in open cell foam. 

Sure--You can't really go wrong with either.

The mounting thing may be the case depending on how it's mounted.