Build (possibility)

jubar247

Any input would be great. Should any components be changed? I am willing to pay around $3000 for the build. (CAD $)

-NZXT Phantom 820 Full ATX Steel Case

-MSI Z77 Mpower ATX LGA1155 Z77

-Corsair AX1200I 1200W Digital ATX 12V 80 Plus Platinum Modular Power Supply 140mm

-Intel Core i7 3770K

-Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H100I

-MSI GTX 680 lightning X2

-Corsair Dominator Platinum 16GB

-Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB

-Samsung 840 Series 120GB

-ASUS Xonar DX 7.1 Channel PCI-E Sound Card 24BIT Dolby Digital

-MSI DH-24AS 24X SATA Internal DVD Burner DVD+RW DVD-R

-AX1200i Professional Individually Sleeved Modular Cables — White

You have hit the nail on the head with that config. Couldn't have made it any better myself. That config will serve you right :)

[9:01:47 PM] Slick: And the award for life time acheivement in the field of "maker of the least amount of sense" goes to Kilmer.

You have hit the nail on the head with that config. Couldn't have made it any better myself. That config will serve you right :)
From months of watching Linus. Thanks just needed a second opinion.

WOW - serious overkill my friend. :) But that can be a good thing! What exactly will you being with the system? On that case, looks like you can mount a 280 on the top - so maybe look at a Kraken X60 or the H110i when it comes out? The larger rad give you a bit mroe headroom for overclock.

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

WOW - serious overkill my friend. :) But that can be a good thing! What exactly will you being with the system? On that case, looks like you can mount a 280 on the top - so maybe look at a Kraken X60 or the H110i when it comes out? The larger rad give you a bit mroe headroom for overclock.
I will be doing a triple monitor setup 70% of the time for gaming and the other 30% for video editing/rendering for school. I have written down the Kraken and will probably use that but I'll keep my eye on the H110i. I'll probably have enough money for the build just before summer. I will post pics and benchmarks then, thanks for the feedback. :)

Looking forward to seeing the pics!

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

Seeing as you're going all out, switch the 840 for the 840Pro - better write speeds. You could also drop that PSU down to the 860i and still be fine even running SLI. Hell even the 760 could manage.

I second picking up a 860i and putting the money somewhere else check this build out for inspiration

forum.overclock3d.net/showthread.php?t=49594

I wish I had that amount of money to spend on a PC but it is going to look epic when you are done. Upload some pics when you are finished :)

Aussie Aussie Aussie

Great part selection ;) but as previously mentioned the ax1200i is way overkill, save a few $ and go the 860i

export PS1='\[\033[1;30m\]┌╼ \[\033[1;32m\]\u@\h\[\033[1;30m\] ╾╼ \[\033[0;34m\]\w\[\033[0;36m\]\n\[\033[1;30m\]└╼ \[\033[1;37m\]'

"All your threads are belong to /dev/null"

| 80's Terminal Keyboard Conversion | $5 Graphics Card Silence Mod Tutorial | 485KH/s R9 270X | The Smallest Ethernet Cable | Ass Pennies | My Screenfetch |

I would swap out the SSD for an Intel 550, Patriot Pyro or perhaps one of OCZs new Vector drives. They're more expensive than the 840, though all around much better in performance.

Seeing as you're going all out, switch the 840 for the 840Pro - better write speeds. You could also drop that PSU down to the 860i and still be fine even running SLI. Hell even the 760 could manage.
If I were to switch out the PSU for the 860i would i have enough headroom for overclocking?