Obama to provide funding for 50,000 police body cameras

It might help to settle the unrest, but the unrest is mostly just people wanting to loot and destroy at the moment.  $75 mil is a lot considering how in dept the goverment is atm.  

You could argue that $1 is a lot when you're in the red though

interesting stuff you have there going on in America...

drop the "what about my privacy", for pity sake... think the only ones that should worry about privacy now will be celebrities... if you are doing something wrong, yes, you'll get on camera... if you are near the conflict, ok, 5 seconds you will be on camera, you wont die because of that...

Yes if someone accesses the data, who shouldn't had, then  yeah, problem. Otherwise don't see a problem.

I have family who are police officers, and if you heard half the stuff they see on a weekly basis, you wouldn't question their actions so much, not every criminal will listen to a stern "Get on the ground!" and you have to get him somehow, but then people who don't know will call it brutality for taking him to the ground. The things that these people have to see and go through is terrible considering their pay....they put their lives on the line for us, and for some reason part of america doesn't trust them. Mainly due to media and the SH** Disturbers. Must of the people who don't trust cops are the ones who are doing shady things to get the cops attention in the first place. Police do what they are trained to do...why people question that is beyond me. Also, im not denying that there arent dirty cops, there always are in an area, but the numbers are pretty small compared to the amount of officers out there, but not everyone is a bad cop, the generalization of this is stupid.

Fix the debt issue before you start spending money on things that aren't really nessary mr president. this should be used as a goal after we fix our debt....which will be forever... But seriously try to fix it before spending more money

Fix the debt issue before you start spending money on things that aren't really nessary mr president. this should be used as a goal after we fix our debt....which will be forever... But seriously try to fix it before spending more money

And just ignore the civil unrest that is happening? This could easily spread to other parts of the country. A large portion of the population has lost faith in the police. A country - and more importantly, a police force - cannot operate without the trust of the population. Yes it's going to cost more money, but riots and civil unrest will cost more - the damage to the economy alone could be untold times higher.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)

I'm not sure how old you are but if you live with your parents then what you make is irrelevant.

If you do have to live on your own and make less than that then that is nobody's fault but your own. Get a better job if you think your current one pays shit.

I use to work in fast food, in the span of 1.5 years I made a total of ~$7000. I got fired from that job in the same month that I had to get an apartment while still attending college. For the next 5 months I had to use my savings from my job ($3000) to put entirely towards my rent and couldn't spend any money on anything else. I had to eat raw fucking bagels for an entire month, which I got for free from someone who works for a bread company, I didn't even have the money to buy the damn cream cheese to put on them. I disconnected my Internet and left that final bill also unpaid for 5 months. I was also receiving zero government assistance.

At the end of those 5 months is when I finally landed my next job, which is in IT, what I went to college for, and now I make $30,000/year on salary plus full benefits and bonuses. I had to spend 90% of my first pay just paying off my phone and internet bill which had nearly doubled due to 5 months of late fees.

So I don't want to hear people like you complaining about how little money you make and how stressful it is for you because its nobody's fault but your own. The responsibility to make your life better is entirely yours, nobody owes you a damn thing.

And after all of that, I still think the president's job is monumentally stressful regardless of the fact that they make $400K/year.

QFT.

you volunteer to be president, it's not a burden that is bestowed upon him 

sign some papers, start some wars, play some golf, get high quality food all the time

i make <$12,000 (full-time job) a year, i don't want to hear about the stress the pwesident has to put up with

Where do you live that you make less than $12,000/year with full time? Some place in the USA? If so, you have basically a minimum wage job.

Here in Ontario, a full time minimum wage job would net you ~ $23,000CAD/year or so. You must live in one of the States that has a minimum wage of like $6. Whether the minimum wage should be raised is an entirely different question (Some argue that all it will do is create less jobs, forcing many full timers to get fired or demoted to part time).

After college, I racked up over $50,000 in debt, including maxing out two credit cards simply to pay rent and buy food. Then I proceeded to work multiple minimum wage shitty jobs (multiple of which weren't even Full Time), just barely scraping buy, until I got a better job. So forgive me if I don't care what your situation is. I agree with @RH00D, if your situation sucks, what are you going to do to fix or change that?

I now have an awesome job that makes a great salary, with benefits and insurance, and a new car. But I busted my balls for 4 years after graduating College doing shitty jobs that had nothing to do with my career. I earned my well-paying job. You need to earn yours too. If you feel life is unfair, then try something different. There are tons of resources out there to help people get ahead in life.

$400,000/year is not NEARLY enough to make me be President. You'd have to pay me $1M/year or more to put up with that kind of bullshit. Working for 4 to 8 years, doing the best you can, and no matter what, most people will hate you when you're done anyway.

Yes, of course there are lots who are less fortunate then us. Most of those live in third world countries with shit economies. If you live in one of those countries, then I apologize and send you my sympathy. If you live in America, or any other Western/1st world nation, then the only person who can help you is yourself, because the opportunities are there.

I don't believe for one second that "There aren't enough jobs". Maybe not in your chosen field, but that's your fault for choosing that field and not doing your homework. There are plenty of jobs. Most of the ones that are easily available are just unpleasant, but someone has to do them.

For Sale: Meraki Bundle

iPhone Xr 128 GB Product Red - HP Spectre x360 13" (i5 - 8 GB RAM - 256 GB SSD) - HP ZBook 15v G5 15" (i7-8850H - 16 GB RAM - 512 GB SSD - NVIDIA Quadro P600)