Edit - This thread was quite old now and I have decided to update it with my current specs and thoughts on what I may do with it next.

At the moment the rig is using a 4670K using ASUS Core Optimizations as I can't be bothered overclocking currently as it is getting too hot for my liking or not as stable as I would like and don't wanna push the voltages over 1.2V and the cooler im using is still the H100i with 2 Silverstone AP121's in push (exhaust) as I want the air to go out and don't mind slightly higher temps.

I just upgraded to 16GB of Corsair Vengeance Pro 1600MHz RAM from the previous 8GB and am now filling all the DIMM slots with 4, 4GB DIMMs.

Replaced the Cooler Master fans back with the stock Fractal fans for looks and better airflow at low rpm/noise.

Added in a RED LED Strip thanks to my friend who bought me it back during my birthday in June. Was going for a glowing dark red theme anyway so I preferred the red over white.

The graphics card is still the 7950 DCUII V2 which is running great and will run at 1GHz on most games but I found that running it like that on older games without Vsync on which I never use it starts to artifact so I just run it on the stock 900MHz or sometimes bump it up to 950MHz. Runs BF4 beta great around 45fps average and doesn't drop below 30 usually with maybe 20 fps or so when the building falls on DX11.

Now I just got rid of the OCZ Vertex 3 60GB and the WD Black 1TB and I have replaced those with a Samsung 840 Evo 250GB (90GB or so left on it with Windows, Drivers and Valve Games) and a Seagate 2TB Hybrid. All games are loading fast and the OS loads completely with all applications up within around 10-15 seconds depending on how fast I type my password in(Steam, Skype, Origin, Razer Comms, AI Suite 3, Afterburner, Samsung Magician, AMD Raptr, Corsair Vengeance). Very happy with that purchase.

All this is still running with a AX 760 and the Maximus VI Hero.

Great rig which runs my games great, runs quietly unlike my old system with a H60 2013 and those CM fans on 12V and a MSI Hawk 560ti, keeps out dust better and just looks awesome. Pics to come once I get a decent camera which will do the rig justice.

Sounds nice what you bought. Looking forward to see the build.

Will be posting pics this weekend as I should be picking up the Arc Midi tomorrow. Have all the other parts and they looks sweet.

Just found out ill have to wait until Monday to start the build. Post office is closed on weekends :(

Some pics of the parts in their boxes. Should start the build in the next tw days as I'm on holidays. See if you can pick out the model ofthe stray fan that is next to the ap121 boxes =)

See if you can pick out the model ofthe stray fan that is next to the ap121 boxes

Reminds me of a Cooler Master Sickle Flow due to the glossy finish and the silversleeved cable. 

Looking forward to seeing the finished build  :)

144Hz goodness

Reminds me of a Cooler Master Sickle Flow due to the glossy finish and the silversleeved cable. 

Looking forward to seeing the finished build  :)

Yep you guessed it, gonna use them for intake and read exhaust till I get the rest of my ap121s hopefully the cm fans won't be too loud using Asus ai suite tuning for fans.

Just finished installing the CPU and ram onto the motherboard and it looks sweet.

All the parts waiting for their new home which will arrive in 15 min.

That ram is so nice

I know so lucky I waited yo get them instead of normal vengeance.

A Corsair Force GT/GS SSD would fit perfectly to your color scheme and it's blazing fast

144Hz goodness

Looking good so far, keep up the updates! 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

Just got it built. At first it would only start for a second. I heard the h100i pump and saw the led on the h100i and ap121s. Then q random click noise and it would shut off. But now it just rights up the board and gpu but nothing starts up. Could I get some help? Also from double checking all power plugs are in corretly also is the h100i rpm monitor cable for the pump only supposed to have 1 wire.

Did the system post only with the motherboard, cpu and the stock cooler installed?

144Hz goodness

Don't worry all fixed. Stupid extra 4 pins on the 24 pin connector. So used to not having black cables and being able to easily see if its in ahah. Ill post some pics soon but just used AI Suite 3 and my Sickle Flow fans barely move :D much better than they were at 12V and the silverstone ap121's running at 1400rpm solid because I used a splitter cable. Anyways running memory at xmp profile of 1600MHz and the CPU got auto clocked at 4.2 GHz as I can't be bothered to manually OC my cpu anymore. Anyways really happy with this new system looks awesome even without the LED strips ill probably get and the extra ap121 fans. Also sorry for 5 megapixel phone pics just that I didn't have another camera to use but ill try use the other 12 megapixel one we have for the build shoots.

Did the system post only with the motherboard, cpu and the stock cooler installed?

Thanks for replying think I just didn't check stuff properly cos I was stressed lol. Im always fine building others machines but when it comes to my own I often get stressed over nothing :D

A Corsair Force GT/GS SSD would fit perfectly to your color scheme and it's blazing fast

Probably getting a Samsung 840 Pro 128GB for the boot drive and a Seagate 2TB for storage and Windows 8 after I finish paying for the current stuff. Already half payed off though so thats a relief.

Looks nice awesome job!

| Contact Information |
My Teamspeak : Austs1.gameservers.com:9334  |  Steam: Iamtictac456  |  My other aliases include Scruffy and Scruffy Biggems :)

Here is the finished build. Sorry about the photos being washed out by the flash its just it was too dark as I don't have any led strips to shoot without flash and see the build. Luckly I have one glow shot which is without flash. Please reply and like if you like this. Sorry about image quality as I had to majorly compress these photos to upload them.

• 4 months later...

Hi all I am getting a new forum topic up as this thread did not do justice to my system (mostly the photos) so new thread will be up soon and I will reserve some thread space for gradual upgrades if they happen.