EA does it again?

"Scrabble app changes anger players on Facebook"

In essence:

1) Mattel runs successful Scrabble app

2) EA takes over running of Scrabble app

3) Negative changes made to the app

4) "Thousands of players have taken to Facebook to complain about changes made to a popular mobile Scrabble app."

Surprise? :P

Source: BBC News - http://goo.gl/DAwPi

linus-meme-6.jpg

[Apologies to creator, couldn't find the original thread to credit you for this masterpiece :P]

Are you not entertained!?

As difficult as it is to avoid, please don't have this turn into another flame EA thread. 

Please, please, enough EA, enough Microsoft. 

Tell us what Else is new in this world.

(off topic: humans always hate change)

Is the app free?

That's always where I get confused. People have this bizarre sense of entitlement about things they have no rights over. 

If you didn't pay for it, and you don't like it anymore, stop using it.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Apologies, it would appear that links do not like brackets..

Is the app free?

That's always where I get confused. People have this bizarre sense of entitlement about things they have no rights over. 

If you didn't pay for it, and you don't like it anymore, stop using it.

"The firm said new features included the ability to ... pay for an ad-free version."
If the company is using your patronage for advertising revenue on a free app, they should provide you with a decent product?

Apologies, it would appear that links do not like brackets..

"The firm said new features included the ability to ... pay for an ad-free version."
If the company is using your patronage for advertising revenue on a free app, they should provide you with a decent product?

Patronage

noun

the financial support or business provided to a store, hotel, or the like, by customers, clients, orpaying guests.

Yes, if you're paying, they should, if you're not then they don't owe you anything, you're using their product free of charge. You invest nothing, ergo you have no right to complain.

- Silverstone TJ08B-E - Gigabyte Z87M-D3H - i7 4770k @ 4.0GHZ 1.2v - 16gb Kingston HyperX Black 1600 - Gigabyte GTX 770 OC 4GB -

- Silverstone Fortress FT02 - MSI Z77 Mpower - i5 3570k @ 4.0GHZ 1.09v - 8gb Mushkin Blackline 1600 - MSI GTX 670 PE -

- Lenovo T430 (1600x900) - i5 3210m - 8GB DDR3 1333 - nVidia NVS5400M - 256GB mSATA OS - 320GB HDD-

Edit-double post 

dear EA

Please take over farmville, i'm fed up with getting notifications.

thanks.

PC Builder, Engineer... BACON    Project Cobalt: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/38058-project-cobalt-copper-piping-laser-etching-and-more/#entry489258

| NZXT Switch 810 | i5-3570k | gigabyte UD-5H | Corsair Vengeance 8gb ram | GTX 670 | 2x 60gb intel 330 series ssd's in raid 0 | 1tb seagate barracuda hdd | Corsair tx750m | XSPC razor GPU and CPU waterblocks | XSPC d5 vario pump | Thermochill Pa140.3 | phoyba 280mm radiator | Chromed Copper tubing |

Okay, call them players rather than patrons.

Less players = fewer adverts = lower revenue

Less players = lower revenue

Players are contributing financial support to the business and so should be provided with a decent service.

Players are contributing financial support to the business and so should be provided with a decent service.

This, basically.

They are getting paid and they are getting paid because of the players (i.e. us). Thereby, we should complain if we don't like something. Because then they will fix it. And then they will keep getting money.

So, while we have no technical "rights", it's beneficial to them for us to complain rather than just leave and let the company die.

... Wait. This is EA. 

STOP COMPLAINING. LEAVE.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

It is the prerogative of the service provider. As you have pointed out, you contribute to their revenue by seeing ads on their free app, so if you stop using it their revenue drops and maybe they make favourable changes. That is your power as a "consumer".

But they are under no obligation to make changes to their free service because you don't like it. 

But they are under no obligation to make changes to their free service because you don't like it. 

People don't complain because they think the company is obliged to make changes. They complain because, as businesses should know, the customer is always right.

People don't complain because they think the company is obliged to make changes. They complain because, as businesses should know, the customer is always right.

About what they want.

Not how to get it. I agree with you, overall, but I'm just saying, how they want what they want isn't always right or possible even.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

About what they want.

Not how to get it.

Fair, I'd never read it like that before..  ^_^

GGWP EA.

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

As difficult as it is to avoid, please don't have this turn into another flame EA thread. 

whats wrong with making fun of EA? Until they fix their mistakes I will ALWAYS hate them:)