The DOA Poll

Tr3vor

So I just got my first DOA, yaaaaaay....

It was a Saphire HD7970Ghz Vapor-X 3gb. Well it wasn't flat out DOA, it worked for 3 days, and only when it decided to work, but I pretty much consider it a DOA. I saw them red flags the first time I plugged it in and nothing happened. A bit of reseating, replugging, cmos reset, etc I got it to work. Was awesome while it did. BF3 had some artifacting going on and Skyrim had Polygons freaking out here and there, but yeah, it stopped working completely today. No biggie, I'll have a new one on the way shortly.

I want to know how many DOAs there have been, especially in a tech community like this, Just how often do DOAs happen? Hit up the Poll and post your experiences.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

For Kind of hardware polls, u should add never had doa before.If i vote no on top but second polls i had to choose Doa product even i never had one,this would ruin the result.I can't just vote no on top but leave lower poll blank.

Asus M5a97. two DOA in a row, third ones BIOS chip gave out in a year. Thanks, Newegg.

This is my Lightsaber.          {[=]////]"[¬'/\Y/#####################################
This is my other Lightsaber. (T!!!!!!!T=:"|[\#####################################  #killedmywife 

For Kind of hardware polls, u should add never had doa before.If i vote no on top but second polls i had to choose Doa product even i never had one,this would ruin the result.I can't just vote no on top but leave lower poll blank.

Fixed.

Old shit no one cares about but me.

years ago i had a stick of ram DOA from a 2 stick kit, took a screenshot with my camera of memtest86+ and of the system config and then went into the shop and showed to their RA department, they tested and came up with the same.. replace on the spot had no probs with replacement

My first HTC One X Evita was 'DOA', it stopped charging three hours after I bought it. Returned it for a new one the next day and it's been running like a champ ever since.

Please quote me if you want me to see your post about my post, otherwise I may lose track of the thread and never see it.

I'd love to help, but I'm probably gonna' have to ask for more info before we can get anything done.

Have a wonderful day.

Never had a DOA but I had RAM from I think Patriot that had errors in Memtest, so Frys gave a replacement for free

"It seems we living the American dream, but the people highest up got the lowest self esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things, for the road to riches and diamond rings."- Kanye West, "All Falls Down"

Just a stick of Kingston RAM.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

EVGA Classified X58, wasn't completly doa but the first PCIe slot didn't work. 

ocz 120g ssd completely dead ... guessing the post used it for soccer

Its all about those volumetric clouds

I had a dead stick of Corsair ram, that's it.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB