good headphones for games

hello everyone, On Linus's gaming headset reviews he normally says that he recommends just a pair of headphones that aren't branded as "Gaming headphones" Can anybody recommend me a good set of headphones that are great for games and that don't have a microphone on them. my budget is around about $300. any suggestions would be a great help.

thanks.

Do you also want a mic so you can talk to friends and stuff? Also do you lsiten to music on your computer alot? If so which genres.

Steelseries H Wireless. There's probably something better out there, but these are very nice.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Audio Technica AD700X and an AntLion Modmic 4.0

I have the AD700, and they are fantastic for directional audio in games, especially when I turn on either the headphone setting in certain games or use dolby headphone.

reportedly the mic is very good as well

Sennheiser hd 600/650 if you can streach your budget. Audio technica ad500x/700x/900x and sennheiser 518/558/598 for quite a bit under budget. There is also the beyerdynamic dt 770/880/990 and the akg q 701/702/7xx

HD598, fiio e10k, antlion modmic

Muh rig: i7 4770k, Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo, MSI Z87 G45, Kingston Hyper X Blu 8GB, Samsung 840 EVO 120 + WD Blue 1 TB, Asus GTX 770 2GB, Corsair 200r + 2x Corsair AF 120 Blue + 1x Stock corsair fan, Corsair TX650, LG 27EA33V IPS, Steelseries Sensei Raw + QCK mini, CM Quickfire Ultimate Blue.