Xbox One explanations

arkon

Also, don't be a sheep. IE10 isn't that bad, it renders things perfectly fine nowadays.

It renders perfectly fine? I'm gonna go ahead and assume you only use IE to browse with and you don't actually know how it works. I'm a web developer and programmer. I've worked with IE10 as well as it's earlier versions and I can tell you right now that even though IE10 is getting better it's no where near the same standard as other browsers when it comes to it's rendering engine and among other things. It's STILL a horrible browser to work with given that it doesn't adhere to the standards that were put in place years ago. So, no sir. I am not a sheep, my opinion is based on a long-run experience on the matter.

It renders perfectly fine? I'm gonna go ahead and assume you only use IE to browse with and you don't actually know how it works. I'm a web developer and programmer. I've worked with IE10 as well as it's earlier versions and I can tell you right now that even though IE10 is getting better it's no where near the same standard as other browsers when it comes to it's rendering engine and among other things. It's STILL a horrible browser to work with given that it doesn't adhere to the standards that were put in place years ago. So, no sir. I am not a sheep, my opinion is based on a long-run experience on the matter.

I'm also a web developer, actually. I say "fine" compared to previous versions of IE. It renders acceptably now, so it's not as big of an issue as it was before. Sure it still lacks of a lot of newer HTML5 and CSS3 standards, but at least it's being improved on. And OpenGL is coming.

And I use Chrome, actually.

Steam is't always online don't compare it to that.......

Referring to business model, obviously.

I know what you mean, although it does need Kinect to designate controllers for players. Instead of having a controller for player 1 and another for player 2, it just assigns the controller depending on who's holding it, meaning you can swap it and whatnot.

The PS3 and Xbox 360 don't have this problem. And it's obviously not a needed "feature".

The PS3 and Xbox 360 don't have this problem. And it's obviously not a needed "feature".

It's not, because they controllers were set as specific players. I guess it's just so that you can pick up a random controller and go, for convenience. That and I think they made it so that you need Kinect to navigate between things, so that on-screen menus and the controller don't get too crazy.

It's not, because they controllers were set as specific players. I guess it's just so that you can pick up a random controller and go, for convenience. That and I think they made it so that you need Kinect to navigate between things, so that on-screen menus and the controller don't get too crazy.

Obviously not needed and not even asked for.

Convenience? Doubt it.

Considering hard copy disks are falling out of fashion, why doesn't microsoft drive this point home? It's a win-win for everyone but the retailer, who, in reality, provides no useful contribution to the gaming experience anyway. So what if it upsets gamestop and they refuse to sell your games without a large cut? The fact is that developers can survive without gamestop, gamestop cannot survive without games to sell, their very business relies on the sale of games. Not to mention that anyone who wants a game but can't find it at a local gamestop will end up finding it online (via steam or others) anyway.

I'm confident many would change the minds of many on used games if they knew the full story. 

Considering hard copy disks are falling out of fashion, why doesn't microsoft drive this point home? 

But they are not, not really. In PC sales yes that is a thing because of steam but with Xbox and PS this is not the case and mainly because games are so expensive on those consoles AND due to the resale value. Look at what the independent experts are saying, console re-sales are huge, something like 60% of all new bought games get resold with console sales. 

MS just want a market place like Steam so they are pushing this, but they wont act like steam, they will have a strangle hold like they try with everything

Never trust a man, who, when left alone with a tea cosey... Doesn't try it on. Billy Connolly
Marriage is a wonderful invention: then again, so is a bicycle repair kit. Billy Connolly
Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? He's a mile away and you've got his shoes. Billy Connolly

Considering hard copy disks are falling out of fashion, why doesn't microsoft drive this point home? It's a win-win for everyone but the retailer, who, in reality, provides no useful contribution to the gaming experience anyway. So what if it upsets gamestop and they refuse to sell your games without a large cut? The fact is that developers can survive without gamestop, gamestop cannot survive without games to sell, their very business relies on the sale of games. Not to mention that anyone who wants a game but can't find it at a local gamestop will end up finding it online (via steam or others) anyway.

I'm confident many would change the minds of many on used games if they knew the full story. 

Maybe in places with very good Internet where downloading a 40GB game might actually be reasonable, but in places with slow/okay Internet, it's much easier to just get a disc.