Is the headphone port normally faulty on OnePlus One phones?

bvh13

As I've discussed here I'm sick of having problem with my slow, old & otherwise problematic Samsung Galaxy S3. Now I noticed yesterday that the OnePlus One had gone on general sale for the weekend as a Black Friday "special" or something. Unfortunately it appears to have today sold out. I would love to get a HTC One M8 but I've chosen NOT to upgrade my phone contact, and instead move onto a SIM-only contract, as there are no phones on the market that have replaceable batteries that I'm interested in. I'm hoping Samsung take a good look at phones that have been released this year, like the OnePlus One and M8, and release a damn good Galaxy S6 next year. I know I want to stick to Android, but there just hasn't been any phoned that's grabbed me.

However, the OnePlus One has the largest battery of any major smartphone at the moment as far as I know, other than getting into like a Galaxy Note or whatever, which I'm not interested in either. So, I'm hoping that the battery will suffice. Also, it's abit annoying about the no Micro-SD port, but with the 64GB model that shouldn't be a problem. And well, quite frankly, being a top of the range phone at essentially half the price, you can't really go wrong. And if I really didn't like it, and wanted a more mainstream phone in a few months, I'd be happy to give it to a family member or sell it or whatever.

Anyway, I was watched the Tested review of the phone and they seemed to mention that the speakers weren't great but moreso the bigger problem for me being that the headphone port was quite bad.  It seemed to negatively affect the music that was being played. Is this a common problem? How bad is it? Is there any way to solve this?

I tend to use my phone all the time in the car as my music player, either for songs or podcasts, & so a fault like this would unfortunately instantly kill any interest I had in the phone.

My friend has one (gae him my invite :'( cuz I cant get it) and his port has no issues. He uses earphones with his almost 24/7

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Mine has no issues. Also the reviewers seem to have gotten early units or something, because many complain about the speakers, but the speakers in my OnePlus One are amazing. They are very loud, sound great, and although they are at the bottom it is actually two speakers with stereo sound when holding the phone in portrait. 

"Rawr XD"

We got a OnePlus One today and it seems fine so far, but the hardware 'buttons' seem to be too dim.

Sig under construction.

We got a OnePlus One today and it seems fine so far, but the hardware 'buttons' seem to be too dim.

You mean the capactive buttons? They're supposed to be like that, but i believe it's possible to adjust the brightness somewhere in the settings.

As for my device, no problems with the headphone port, and i use it on an almost daily basis.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

I really hate to be this guy but I'm in the market for a OnePlus One and I missed out on the black friday orders. Do any of you guys have an invite?

Thanks guys for the respones, good to know that the headphone port isn't actually all that bad. Definitely makes me feel alot more safe about the idea of purchasing the phone, although now I've missed the Black Friday thing I'm gonna have to wait and see if I can get an invite off the mailing list or whatever.

Mine has no issues. Also the reviewers seem to have gotten early units or something, because many complain about the speakers, but the speakers in my OnePlus One are amazing. They are very loud, sound great, and although they are at the bottom it is actually two speakers with stereo sound when holding the phone in portrait. 

I did not know they were stereo speakers, that's pretty cool. Is a shame they're on the bottom though, although I suppose it's still better than my Galaxy S 3 currently where it's on solo speaker on the back of the phone!

Mine has no issues.

The camera is pretty wank though.

Haha, how wank is "pretty wank"? Is it really that bad?

Haha, how wank is "pretty wank"? Is it really that bad?

Yeah, the flash is bollocks and more often or not when you tap the button to take the photo the phone moves a little and you get a not-steady picture. There's a fair bit of noise too.

In virtually every other respect it's a great phone though.