How to shutup a noisy XSPC X2O 750?

Go to solution Solved by Helltech,

You can switch the pins around, just make sure the pump actually runs before you use is. I'd do it at  7v though. 

I got this pump with an XSPC watercooling kit and it is too noisy for my liking.  There is no dial or anything to turn down the pump.  Any way I can undervolt it or something?  It connects with a molex.

Main Rig: i5-3570k | Asrock B75M-ITX | 8gb Crucial Tactical Tracer | Mushkin 60gb SSD | Seagate Momentus XT Gen. 2 750gb | Galaxy 660 ti | Superlux HD668B | Custom Built Super SFF Case | Athena Power 400w m-itx PSU | Steelseries 6Gv/2 Red Switch | Ikari Optical | QCK Heavy |

I don't think there's any way to undervolt a molex connection - the pump will always run at full like you said. This is probably one of the many reasons why @Ghost always says not to get a watercooling kit :P

Edit: I think there's actually molex converters/adapters for 12V to 5V, try searching it up. Or you can 'mod' the pins in the molex connector but I don't know anything about that.

Me: Yeah I just really can't get my H220 working again, I've tried everything that was suggested in the forum.

Brian (Swiftech Support): Hmm, have you tried slapping it?

yea you can undervolt it but you gotta make sure  itll start off and such

I don't think there's any way to undervolt a molex connection - the pump will always run at full like you said. This is probably one of the many reasons why @Ghost always says not to get a watercooling kit :P

Edit: I think there's actually molex converters/adapters for 12V to 5V, try searching it up.

he can switch the pins for 5v or connect the 5v and 12v to get 7v

You can switch the pins around, just make sure the pump actually runs before you use is. I'd do it at  7v though. 

This worked, now my rig is inaudible :D

Main Rig: i5-3570k | Asrock B75M-ITX | 8gb Crucial Tactical Tracer | Mushkin 60gb SSD | Seagate Momentus XT Gen. 2 750gb | Galaxy 660 ti | Superlux HD668B | Custom Built Super SFF Case | Athena Power 400w m-itx PSU | Steelseries 6Gv/2 Red Switch | Ikari Optical | QCK Heavy |

This worked, now my rig is inaudible :D

verify temperatures under a load to qualify repair. usually a slower pump speed

is a warmer system temp.

airdeano

verify temperatures under a load to qualify repair. usually a slower pump speed

is a warmer system temp.

airdeano

Temps are as good if not better, which is a little weird.

Hey, joined the forum fpr help with this. Trying to do the same mode with the same pump, failed somehow. My computer won't boot bc, judging by the 70C+ readings I can briefly see in BIOS before a crash, The chips shutting itself off due to thermal throttling. I've watched Linus' video, but am still kind of confused. Did you just repin the cable coming out of your pump? The molex end from your PSU? Any help would be really appreciated!

You can always wack it with a hammer. 

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch