H100i noise?

Hi peoples!

I just bought an H100i, and it looks great

I notice how loud the pump is, and I'm wondering is this normal?

Is there a break-in period?

I'm not sure what to do, because the pump rpm cannot be lowered in the Corsair link, and its directly connected to sata power

I've looked online and 2k rpm seems normal

Is it always this loud?

thanks

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Do you have the latest version of Link and the firmware? This is suppposed to resolve some pump noises....

Click on link, then the Downloads section...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

i remember this was a problem with many H100's, where the pump had very little input tolerance from the 12v line (many power supplies push 12.1v or 12.2v) which caused the pump to grind. Supposedly this was fixed with the h100i. if updating the firmware fails, i would suggest an RMA

Yes i have v2.2.0 of corsair link

I have read some other forum posts on the internet and it seems many people have the same problem

I have heard that it is the fans connected to the pump that causes it, so tomorrow i will try to run the fans directly off the mobo fan headers and leave the pump on its own

I really hope this fixes the problem, because it seems normal for all the h100i s

I'll let you guys know if it fixes it cause its extremely annoying =\

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

You need this H100i_v1.0.4.zip file but for some reason corsair does not have it on there site anymore. The noise is not the pump it is the fans. This zip file makes the fan noise go away. it has something to do with the fans ramping to low. I have the H100i to and this H100i_v1.0.4.zip fix works but this site wont let me up load it to you

My Sig Rig: "X79 (3970X) -Midas"http://pcpartpicker.com/p/wsjGt6"  "Midas" Build Log - https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/59768-build-log-in-progress-code-name-midas/

"The Riddler" Custom Watercooled H440 Build Log ( in collaboration with my wife @ _TechPuppet_ ) - http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/149652-green-h440-special-edition-the-riddler-almost-there/

*Riptide Customs* " We sleeve PSU cables "

i bought a h100i and it had the same problem and i updated the firmware and it bricked the h100i fans ran at 100% and the corsair link software was not able to find it, if you go on corsair forms this happend to a lot of people so thats why i think they took the update down there looking into rolling out a new firmware soon.

I've had the same issue with my H100. The H100i, according to all reports, is the same. So unless you have room for a 38mm rad, such as in Swiftech's H220 (I don't have the clearance between my mobo/RAM and the rad), you'll be stuck with the noisy pump like me.

The reason behind this issue is the pump itself. Corsair uses a 1.2 watt pump, I believe; whereas Swiftech, a true watercooling company, spent years developing their 6 watt pump. Thats basically 5 times as powerful!

It's like comparing the engine in an Honda Accord with a Porsche 911, and then asking both cars to maintain the same speed, lets say 150mph/240kph. Sure the Accord can get up to that speed, but it strains 10x harder to do it compared to the Porsche.

Ok problem solved = ]

It was indeed the fans that cause the grinding noise when running off the pump power

I'm not sure if changing the fans fixes it, I haven't tried,

but running the fans on mobo or psu power works great

The pump is very silent, but the stock fans aren't

They make quite a lot of noise when above 1k rpm, since they have around 30dba

(the rest of the fans in my system are below 15dba)

Anyways, problem solved = ]

Thanks for all the info

ps: I always prefer using my sabertooth's AI suite over corsair link

Spoiler