Sony 55Kg, $50,000 4k LASER projector

ahhming

I would already have one of those cheaper 4k tv's if they had dp, but they don't and my gtx 760 does not have the magic hdmi. 

This will blow your mind

51aenHyMoVL.jpg

Once again, TVs have HDMI as their standard for a reason. TV makers might include DP if not for the fact that the things are so interchangeable and if you needed one that badly you'd get an adapter 

This will blow your mind

Once again, TVs have HDMI as their standard for a reason. TV makers might include DP if not for the fact that the things are so interchangeable and if you needed one that badly you'd get an adapter 

Oh yeah I checked those, none of those support 4K somehow, or atleast they don't think it's a good idea to advertise that.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

55kg... Does it come with a slave inside of it or is that extra cost?!

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Keep in mind this also has 2 kabinets and 2 speakers + the unit itself, so 55kg is not that heavy.

Offtopic: i got a boner right now ...

Let's agree to disagree

$50K, 10/100 ethernet.............. you would think they would put in at least Gigabit.

uses that shitty hdmi and not dp? that is just retarded.

the hdmi hate train has arrived. HDMI isn't bad. And many receivers don't even have dp Please tell me the movies  you have that are 4k 60fps. Name just one. This is why I sometimes hate Linus's rants. They develop a cult that parrots everything he says

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

the hdmi hate train has arrived. HDMI isn't bad. And many receivers don't even have dp Please tell me the movies  you have that are 4k 60fps. Name just one. This is why I sometimes hate Linus's rants. They develop a cult that parrots everything he says

If you were to say connect the TV at 4@24Hz to a pc and then run a 1080p 60 movie it will be 24Hz or you have to change the display size...

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

If you were to say connect the TV at 4@24Hz to a pc and then run a 1080p 60 movie it will be 24Hz or you have to change the display size...

hdmi 2.0 is 4k 60hz

Finally my Santa hat doesn't look out of place

hdmi 2.0 is 4k 60hz

again, video cards only started to support hdmi 2.0 like now. when dp had support for ages.

Spoiler

again, video cards only started to support hdmi 2.0 like now. when dp had support for ages.

Once again, what gamer is hooking up to a 4K, 55 grand projector for gaming? Or even computer use at all? You're thinking with a very, very niche segment of the market.

DP is still born in the home theatre segment. Nothing uses it. There is no reason to use it. There's no motivation or compelling reason. HDMI works better for HT equipment, largely because that's what they picked so many years ago as their standard.

You're thinking like a gamer, not a regular consumer.

1. 1080p scales to 4K very well, so you don't have to change anything. The TV/Projector won't care.

2. What movies, apart from gaming footage recorded at that or GoPro stuff, are shot at 1080/60? Even Hobbit only went to 48, which is a 24Fps multiple anyways.

You're once again thinking in very niche and useless circumstances. Stop trying to want DP to be a thing. It won't be, not for HT purposes. And with the way HDMI is being updated I wouldn't be surprised to see DP drop off entirely in the next few years.