Xbox One Designer Explains why the console is so big

sof006
-snip-

While I do agree with a lot of what you say, making post after post about it like you're doing right now does not help at all.

We already know you think the LTT community is terrible, full of kids and you love telling everyone who stupid they are and how superior you are. We know that. Making like 3 posts about it in every thread you enter won't make it better though.

Want to make the forum better? Stop insulting everyone and start making good posts. By good post I mean discussing the subject and not just telling everyone how immature and stupid they are.

Right now you're part of the problem, not the solution.

the elite version didn't fix anything its the same as the standard with black paint and a bigger hdd included, mine failed weeks after the 3 year warranty period to fix RRoD, at least i knew someone that for 15 bucks fix it, it literally overvolts the fans and turns the thing into a jet engine, which lasted enough so i can save to buy the s model, but really here is what really happened

2 years since the release of the 360 the cpu and gpu got a node shrink from 90nm to 65nm but that didn't help much with thermals, the console still RRoD though a bit less frequent, regardless it can happen, personally i blame the heatsink and fan, the literally tapped 2 80mm fans to something much worse that a 212, the s did fixed it because they change the cooling completely, they node shrinked to 45nm which allow them to slap the cpu and gpu in the same chip, the heatsink and fan where redesigned, something bigger that 80mm fan (maybe 120mm but i'm not sure on that) and was sitting on a somewhat decent heatsink, something similar to intel stock one included in mainstream chips, lastly they added a failsafe that shut down the console if it gets too hot, also the current version its called the E

I have 1 release day pro 2 elite(3 if you include my girlfriends) and a S the release day pro over heats and red lights but if you read the manual you'd find the 3 red lights (Both top and bottom left) indicate the power brick is hot. Both of my elites feature different power bricks to one another one being purchased the day they come out, the other a few months later both have fans in the power bricks and can game all day long in 45c+ rooms I've never had a single issue with either and the S also works flawlessly  I've never heard of Elites red ringing without reason. I've heard of some earlier ones having a disc drive issue where it refuses to open without being smacked though. I can't comment on the E as I personally don't own one or know anyone who does.

| CPU: i7-4770K @4.6 GHz, | CPU cooler: NZXT Kraken x61 + 2x Noctua NF-A14 Industrial PPC PWM 2000RPM  | Motherboard: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming | RAM: Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB(2x8GB) 2133MHz, 11-11-11-27(Red) | GPU: 2x MSI R9 290 Gaming Edition  | SSD: Samsung 840 Evo 250gb | HDD: Seagate ST1000DX001 SSHD 1TB + 4x Seagate ST4000DX001 SSHD 4TB | PSU: Corsair RM1000 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 Black | Fans: 1x NZXT FZ 200mm Red LED 3x Aerocool Dead Silence 140mm Red Edition 2x Aerocool Dead Silence 120mm Red Edition  | LED lighting: NZXT Hue RGB |

We're posting Black Friday sale bundles as a way to show one console cheaper than another now?

Xbox One RRP is $399.99, PS4 RRP is $399.99.

The current MSRP for the XB1 with no Kinect is $349.99. MS lowered the MSRP on November 2nd and the price stands through the Holiday season. The price reduction is set to expire Jan 3rd but since it seems to have kicked sales up pretty well I wouldn't be surprised if MS just kept it there. The Black Friday price is $329.99

The Xbox One is big? What does that make my Corsair Vengeance C70, then?

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

You do realize that the XB1 link is to a 3rd party seller and not Amazon right? The $350 price is the current MSRP for Kinect-less bundles in the US, at least through the end of the year. It is entirely possible that MS will keep that price point since it seems to be working out well for them.

The price will  probably stay. Its been $349.99 for a while now

My profile pic is the game i'm currently playing. I hope i remember to change it..

The Xbox One is big? What does that make my Corsair Vengeance C70, then?

or my storm stryker haha. that thing is enormous on its own, compared to a XB tho, its basically a titan

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

Jokes about "XBOX HUEG" aside, there isn't anything wrong with xbox being large(or any console for that matter)...

You have a living room and a big TV(which is why you, due to being uninformed, have a console) yet you can't find a few extra mm of clearance for a larger(better-cooled) console?

The only sad part about this is that, despite the larger size and big external brick, xbone is still weak hardware-wise because of poor decision on M$($ony did the same, but M$ went even cheaper).

Anyone who has a sister hates the fact that his sister isn't Kasugano Sora.
Anyone who does not have a sister hates the fact that Kasugano Sora isn't his sister.
I'm not insulting anyone; I'm just being condescending. There is a difference, you see...