To Overclock or not?

Hello everyone!

Recently I purchased an i7-4790K along with an Asus ROG z97 Hero VII and HyperX 1866mhz 16GB (8gbx2)

and finally a Swiftech H220X w/ 2 Noctua NF-12 Industrial fans.

So! Here's the big question. 
I want to know if I should overclock my CPU. I will bring the RAM to 1866 since it might be

at 1600 stock  (even thought it is a 1866 kit), but what exactly should I do with the CPU?
I am going to play games at 1080p with a GTX 970, and I might do some slight video editing with photoshop.
Keep in mind this PC will be running everyday for about 6-12 hours a day (Yes, I use the PC quite a lot).

Should I bring it to a stable overclock? It will be my first time OC a CPU so I want to get my facts straight, and I know 
I can do it specially with Linus' tutorial OC videos. 

Thanks! 

Current Build:

CPU: Core i5-9600K MOBO: Asus strix z390-i RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3200mhz GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix Storage: Samsung SSD 500GB & Samsung 1TB SSD Case: Louqe Ghost S1 Cooler: Noctua L12 - 92mm fan only PSU: Corsair SF600 Keybaord: Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Red

Yes, with that cooler if you don't overclock you would be wasting money. 

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Definitely OC it. There's no point in having an unlocked processor with a non-stock heatsink if you don't OC

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

So, I should just OC. Alrighty. 

Current Build:

CPU: Core i5-9600K MOBO: Asus strix z390-i RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3200mhz GPU: Asus Geforce GTX 970 Strix Storage: Samsung SSD 500GB & Samsung 1TB SSD Case: Louqe Ghost S1 Cooler: Noctua L12 - 92mm fan only PSU: Corsair SF600 Keybaord: Ducky Shine 3 Cherry MX Red

Considering the fact that you spend so much money in getting overclocking-ready hardware, the fact that you eaven ask this question surprises me. If you didn't plan to overclock all along you could have saved 200$ and spend it on something else. So, please, do your self a favor and OC that chip to the max and enjoy it the way it is meant to be enjoyed!

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

people forget that your CPU is 4ghz baseclock and 4.4ghz turbo boost out of the box...you won't be able to ''overclock'' it very far from that 4.4ghz anyways and the chances for such a CPU to be your limiting factor in games or other tasks are very slim...so overclocking it now will yield next to no benefit...if you plan on using this CPU for many years, i would consider saving overclocking for later on when you'll need more CPU power for real...i guess you could try to see how far you can go without touching the voltages...but i would go the other way and lock it at 4.4ghz on all cores, adaptative voltages and see how far i can undervolt it and remain stable...but that's just me.

| CPU: Core i7-8700K @ 4.89ghz - 1.21v  Motherboard: Asus ROG STRIX Z370-E GAMING  CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i V2 |
| GPU: MSI RTX 3080Ti Ventus 3X OC  RAM: 32GB T-Force Delta RGB 3066mhz |
| Displays: Acer Predator XB270HU 1440p Gsync 144hz IPS Gaming monitor | Oculus Quest 2 VR