Xbox is about to become the next water cooler? Whaaa?

Tr33

So some weeks ago at the presentation of Xbox One this one womand from Microsoft said: Xbox is about to become the next watercooler.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? So basically she admited it sucks and its too bad for gaming? lol

BLAOW!!!!

I don't really know what she mean by that, but wut:

Laptop Lenovo Thinkpad X220 - CPU: i5 2420m - RAM: 8gb - SSD: Samsung 830 - IPS screen Peripherals Monitor: Dell U2713HM - KB: Ducky shine w/PBT (MX Blue) - Mouse: Corsair M60

Audio Beyerdynamic DT990pro headphones - Audioengine D1 DAC/AMP - Swan D1080-IV speakers

I think she means it will be where people sit and talk about the days going on. like in the office how you gossip by the water cooler

watercooler-talk1.jpg

Like this but with a xbox

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

“I snort instant coffee because it’s easier on my nose than cocaine"

I think she means it will be where people sit and talk about the days going on. like in the office how you gossip by the water cooler

watercooler-talk1.jpg

lol ive never seen this happen at an office

Cpu: Intel i7 4770k @4.4 Ghz | Case: Corsair 350D | Motherbord: Z87 Gryphon | Ram: dominator platinum 4X4 1866 | Video Card: SLI GTX 980 Ti | Power Supply: Seasonic 1000 platinum | Monitor: ACER XB270HU | Keyboard: RK-9100 | Mouse: R.A.T. 7 | Headset : HD 8 DJ | Watercooled

lol ive never seen this happen at an office

Sitcoms, they fill the world full of lives. I like how the picture tried to be politically and racially correct in like every way, theres like every race and theres girls and its just a culturally diverse office. i dont think that actually had anything to do with anything but ya.

i5 3570 | MSI GD-65 Gaming | OCZ Vertex 60gb ssd | WD Green 1TB HDD | NZXT Phantom | TP-Link Wifi card | H100 | 5850

I think OP tried to hard to be funny. What joel said is how I interpreted what she said, Although for PC users you think she might've explained its not actually watercooled or elaborated on the joke since its common enough around these parts.

Like E-Sports? Check out the E-Sports forum for competitive click click pew pew

Like Anime? Check out Heaven Society the forums local Anime club

I was only living because it was too much trouble to die.

R9 7950x | RTX4090

So what about condensation and maintenance. Consoles get thrown around the place a lot more then computers, i dont think it was a good move and it made the console a lot bigger. Considering about 40% of the buyers will know how the water cooler works or even exists i think it was quite pointless and it ramped up the price a lot.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

i... i just dont get it 

If you tell a big enough lie and tell it frequently enough it will be believed.

-Adolf Hitler 

Yeah she's talking about the social aspect of Xbox one where everybody would gather around and interact with each other...but instead of drinking water and talking, they will be on the Xbox and doing whatever.

watercooler-talk1.jpg

So what about condensation and maintenance. Consoles get thrown around the place a lot more then computers, i dont think it was a good move and it made the console a lot bigger. Considering about 40% of the buyers will know how the water cooler works or even exists i think it was quite pointless and it ramped up the price a lot.

It's not going to be water cooled see the rest of the posts for explanation of what she meant.