Higher MHz than rated?

Yep, their more like 'guidelines' or Safe rating for that motherboard.You can see that CPU's have a safe rating of mostly lower than average speeds.

We all use XMP profiles these days anyway and their usually always faster than 1333Mhz (unless thats the speed you bought)

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Sure, no problem, it's just not "guaranteed" that it will run at higher speeds but most of the time, if the ram itself can handle the speed you should be fine.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Is it possible to run higher mhz memory in my mobo (it says 1333mhz Max)

What Motherboard model do you have.

Usually states what it can support on the Website/Manual

Maximums - Asus Z97-K /w i5 4690 Bclk @106.9Mhz * x39 = 4.17Ghz, 8GB of 2600Mhz DDR3,.. Gigabyte GTX970 G1-Gaming @ 1550Mhz

Yh it is a MSI h67 board and it does say 1333mhz but I was wondering if I could run higher rated modules ( I realise I probably wouldn't gain any performance)

Yh it is a MSI h67 board and it does say 1333mhz but I was wondering if I could run higher rated modules ( I realise I probably wouldn't gain any performance)

The board tops out at 1333 MHz if it's either the E45 or the E35. Putting faster ram into it will only result it in running at that speed.

There's not even an adjuster in the BIOS for DRAM frequency as it's Read Only.

The board tops out at 1333 MHz if it's either the E45 or the E35. Putting faster ram into it will only result it in running at that speed.

There's not even an adjuster in the BIOS for DRAM frequency as it's Read Only.

Yeh I knew I wouldn't be able to run at the higher speed its just I can get higher speed ram easier than lower speed