[US - Newegg] Corsair H60 WaterCooler/$35.00

c00face

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835181043&cm_re=h60-_-35-181-043-_-Product

CORSAIR Hydro Series H60 (CW-9060007-WW/RF) Water Cooler Manufactured Recertified

Refurbished, but for $35.00. I think it's worth a go. The review looks great, and everyone is backing it up. I just purchased one.

Sales end 11/24/2014

x Free shipping

x No gimmicky mail-in rebate

Buying it...

edit: Bought it, of course I know it's going to perform the same as a Hyper 212, but I needed to buy another one of those anyways for my other computer so I may as well put my current one on that.

+ I care about aesthetics. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

agreed! you'll love it, although when you go to install it i recommend putting some better thermal paste on like AS5.

CPU: AMD FX-8320                                                                                  Cooler: Corsair H100i

GPU: Crossfired Gigabyte R9 280x's Windforce Rev.2                      MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-990FX-UD3

RAM: AMD Radeon Gaming Memory 16gb DDR3 2133mhz            PSU: TR2 RX750W Bronze

HDDS: AMD Radeon SSD 240gb, 1tb Seagate Barracuda               Case: Corsair Air 540   

I wouldn't buy any liquid cooler that's refurbed IMO. Especially if it's from newegg

Life.exe is missing

I wouldn't buy any liquid cooler that's refurbed IMO. Especially if it's from newegg

What's so bad about Newegg? I've bought tons of stuff from them.

Also, I've never had a problem with refurbished items and it's half the price of the new ones.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

No thanks. The Hyper 212 EVO performs just as well if not slightly better for $35, and it isn't refurbished.

But this looks better than some chrome tower

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Bought a powermac G5, expect a mod log sometime in 2015

Corsair is overrated, and Anime is ruined by the people who watch it

Plasti-dip the top fin

Lowers efficiency, and plastidip costs extra money.

Specs: 4790k | Asus Z-97 Pro Wifi | MX100 512GB SSD | NZXT H440 Plastidipped Black | Dark Rock 3 CPU Cooler | MSI 290x Lightning | EVGA 850 G2 | 3x Noctua Industrial NF-F12's

Lowers efficiency, and plastidip costs extra money.

No it doesn't, because you're only painting the top of the uppermost fin. Not the whole tower. Again, you don't have to do this, and if you do, you could use the plastidip for other parts of your PC or other things you might want black as well. Honestly, the H60 doesn't look that good either, so I don't know why you're so against the Hyper 212.

"Rawr XD"

No it doesn't, because you're only painting the top of the uppermost fin. Not the whole tower. Again, you don't have to do this, and if you do, you could use the plastidip for other parts of your PC or other things you might want black as well. Honestly, the H60 doesn't look that good either, so I don't know why you're so against the Hyper 212.

Because 212 evo is overrated, and the H60 is a phenomenal deal?

I would rather go Hyper 212, but my case doesn't provide enough room. But I think most would agree that the Hyper 212 is a lot better. At least a major would agree. And I think the H60 has a lot of pump failures, so it's probably why the refurbished. But I don't really have much option to a cheap water cooler that can fit into my case. So I think $35.00 for a H60 is pretty darn good. In my case, at least.

Because 212 evo is overrated, and the H60 is a phenomenal deal?

Then CNPS10X Optima/Performa if 212 EVO is overrated.

This isn't a phenomenal deal, it's refurbished. The air coolers may be overrated but they still perform just as well as this and cost the same without taking any risks with a refurbished water cooler.

"Rawr XD"

One reason would be space. I'm planning out a mini-itx build at the moment and there's no way a 212 evo will fit in the case. The h60 will though. I also prefer the look of water coolers, but that's just me.

That being said, I'm not sure if I would trust a used water cooler, refurbished or not.

You know what's easier than buying and building a brand new PC? Petty larceny!
If you're worried about getting caught, here's a trick: Only steal one part at a time. Plenty of people will call the cops because somebody stole their computer -- nobody calls the cops because they're "pretty sure the dirty-bathrobe guy from next door jacked my heat sink."

Then CNPS10X Optima/Performa if 212 EVO is overrated.

This isn't a phenomenal deal, it's refurbished. The air coolers may be overrated but they still perform just as well as this and cost the same without taking any risks with a refurbished water cooler.

But buying refurbished goods really isn't a risk. 

Especially from a retailer like newegg.

Why do people complain about refurbished? If anything, buying this refurbished is probably safer, since they thoroughly test refurbs it before they ship them off, which I doubt they do for their low end water coolers. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

But buying refurbished goods really isn't a risk. 

Especially from a retailer like newegg.

With the H60 it is because there's been plenty of reports of pump failures as well as leaks in it. Other people in this thread also agree. It doesn't matter who you buy it from, the possibility of problems is always there, and with an air cooler, the only thing that could break over time is the $10 fan. This is a good choice if you want decent cooling but your case doesn't have the room for a tower, but if you do have the room then a 212 or CNPS10X would be a better choice for the money. 

"Rawr XD"

Why do people complain about refurbished? If anything, buying this refurbished is probably safer, since they thoroughly test refurbs it before they ship them off, which I doubt they do for their low end water coolers. 

That doesn't provide any assurance as to whether the H60 pump and joint issues may or may not reoccur later on down the road.

"Rawr XD"

That doesn't provide any assurance as to whether the H60 pump and joint issues may or may not reoccur later on down the road.

And I'm willing to take that risk. $30 isn't the most money in the world and I am a huge fan of aesthetics, but I don't find a Hyper 212+ (what I currently have) especially attractive. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

Bought it. Now my side window won't be looking at a silver heat-sink! I can see the magical promised land!

"Normandy" i7 4790K - GTX 970 - Phantom 410 (Gun metal) - Z97 Extreme4 (asrock) - 128GB Crucial SSD - 1TB WD HDD - H60 Refurb. - 7 case fans | G710+ Keyboard, G230 Headset, Acer GN246HL Monitor.

Quick thoughts on system: I7 is extremely quick and I'm glad I spent the extra for hyper-threading. I regret my decision to get the GTX 970, it has horrible coil whine. There isn't any excuse for this terrible whine I and others are having. I HIGHLY recommend a 144hz monitor. Future Improvements/upgrades: Rubber fan mounts, basic speakers, more ram (for a total of 16gb), replace GPU.

144hz is love. 144hz is life. I like to submit unfinished posts then do about 20 edits. I like the Night Theme too.