Surface Pro Coming Feb 9th!

GoodBytes

Microsoft Surface Pro tablet is coming Feb 9th at 899$.

c3dbc611-aa98-40b4-b5ab-deef0f51846c.jpg#spec_win8pro_hero_a.jpg

microsoft_surface_01.jpg

For those who don't know, the Surface Pro tablet, is a 10.6inch table made by Microsoft, that features:

- Full Windows 8 Pro 64-bit, allowing to run any program you wants

- 3rd Gen Core i5 Processor

- Intel integrated graphic solution HD 4000

- IPS 1920x1080p display, 16:9

- 10-point multi-touch display

- Digitize pen support (pen comes with the tablet), this is very useful to use desktop programs that has small buttons and menu, especially at taht resolution, also for taking notes PROPERLY thanks to the thin tip, and high precision)

- 64GB SSD for the base model (128GB model exists)

- 4GB of RAM Dual Channel

- Wi-Fi (802.11a/b/g/n)

- Bluetooth 4.0 Low Energy technology

- 2x 720p camera

- Full size USB 3.0

- mini DisplayPort (i fyou don't have an external display with DisplayPort, you can convert it down with a simple inexpensive adapter/cable down to HDMI, or single link DVI)

- Stereo Speakers

- microSDXC card slot

- Ambient light sensor

- Accelerometer

- Gyroscope

- Compass

- 2lb only

- Fast battery charge technology

- Expected battery life: 4-5h (we have to wait for Microsoft official numbers and reviews)

- Magnesium alloy construct (that is higher quality and durable than aluminum)

More info on the tablet: http://www.microsoft.com/Surface/en-...specifications

Even if you buy the keyboard add-on with it, it's cheaper than the MacBook Air which isn't a tablet, no touch screen, no pen support. It does have longer battery life though.

cool but the price is sure to scare a lot of people away. I think its better to get an ultra book and maybe a cheaper tablet like the nexus 7

Way to expenisve for a tablet.

I would rather save up for a touch screen laptop.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

cool but the price is sure to scare a lot of people away. I think its better to get an ultra book and maybe a cheaper tablet like the nexus 7

But then you have 2 different devices that you need to carry around. And not inter compatible (different eco system is what I am trying to say).

Also, you still don't have a digitize pen support. Try doing math or physics or simply gray a graph or diagram quick on a laptop or even on your Nexus.. forget about it.

You can't on a laptop.. well you can but will take you all day, and it's a big impossible in class, and on your Nexxus the best you have is those thick pens, with 0 precision. And you can't use OneNote on your Android device to have your notes super well organized, looking nice, and in sync between computers or over the cloud a la Google docs web browser edit/view.

Way to expenisve for a tablet. I would rather save up for a touch screen laptop.

Cost about the same. You win with additional battery life, but you lose portability, most likelly end up with a TN display, and Windows 8 minimum screen resolution (1366x768) display. And I am not sure build quality will match.

I'm planning on getting it. Wanting something a little smaller than a laptop (but closer in power than a regular tablet), seems like this will fit me well.

But then you have 2 different devices that you need to carry around. And not inter compatible (different eco system is what I am trying to say).

Also, you still don't have a digitize pen support. Try doing math or physics or simply gray a graph or diagram quick on a laptop or even on your Nexus.. forget about it.

You can't on a laptop.. well you can but will take you all day, and it's a big impossible in class, and on your Nexxus the best you have is those thick pens, with 0 precision. And you can't use OneNote on your Android device to have your notes super well organized, looking nice, and in sync between computers or over the cloud a la Google docs web browser edit/view.

all true. I guess it just depends on the person. I personally have a wacom tablet for taking math notes(adds another another device but its still better than lugging around notebooks like back in the day). I also don't use onenote and instead just do word docs and organize the files in folders. I do think that if someone wants something for school this is a good option but its just not for me. Also for battery life my school has literally power outlets on top of power outlets so that wouldn't be an issue for me.

I think it's too expensive for most people to justify getting one. I hope the battery life doesn't disappoint.

I was hyped when it was first announced. However, CES 2013 came along with all the awesome notebooks and it's got me reconsidering the Surface Pro.

Most notably, the price and battery life of the Surface Pro scares me. Don't get me wrong...I still like the features and the form factor of the Surface Pro. Would had loved it even more if they included at least a touch cover with the $899 price tag.

Sorry to say...it is not a day 1 purchase for me, but I'll keep an eye on the Surface Pro and see what the reviews say about it. In the end, I may just bite the bullet and get one.

This isn't REALLY a tablet, if you think about it. It's a laptop with detachable keyboard. Does the price match up to a laptop of similar specs, is the real question.

This isn't REALLY a tablet' date=' if you think about it. It's a laptop with detachable keyboard. Does the price match up to a laptop of similar specs, is the real question.[/quote']

It does.

It is reported that the WEI score of the Surface Pro is 5.6 on the tablet, where the CPU has a score of 6.9, SSD has 8.9 surprisingly. The max score for WEI on Windows 8 is 9.9. No actual benchmark score provided by any sites, but it is promising.

This unit should be able to handle older games just fine at medium-low settings. I am interested to see how fun it would be to play StraCraft 2 with multitouch and pen support.

Personally, I think I'd rather save up a bit more for something like a Taichi or the TX300 Transformer Book.

If I had the money I'd gladly buy one. The price and possibly the battery are the only real problems I can think of.

For me, it's the battery. The battery is not user changeable, that means that over time the battery life of the unit will diminish (normal and expected).

5h is perfect for me, especially thanks to the fast charge feature, but what about 2 years from now, and 3 years from now?

My laptop 4 years old going for 5, I already change the battery once. My battery provided me 9-10-11h (9h on Vista 64-bit, 10h on Win7 64-bit, and almost 11h on Win8).

My old battery only provided me with 3h tops. While its fine, it's a little on the short side. Now I can assume that Microsoft used high quality batteries unlike what I have from the OEM, where degradation won't be as fast, but it would be nice to have at least 3-4h after 3 years.

But, that is me. I have long life cycle for my devices, hence why I can get those expensive products. Then again... my laptop cost ~2000$, so that means 2x Surface Pro's, One now, and the other later.