Xbox Took 359 steps backwards

SirNumbers

Microsoft Released more information on there Next generation console and from the xbox 360 i think they took 359 steps backwards to make The xbox one

Fedex Ground must be on Horse back, It took 7 days to go 200 miles

That's 20 days old that is...... But the are Xbone'd....

Lian Li PC-V359WRX Micro-ATX Case | Intel 5960X Extreme 3.00GHz | ASRock Fatal1ty X99M KILLER | Crucial 32 GB 2666 DDR4 | Thermaltake NiC C5 | EVGA Supernova 1200W P2 | 2x 240GB OCZ Radeon R7 | 2x 256 GB Samsung 840 Series Pro | 2 X 120GB Samsung 840 EVO | 6x NF-F12’s | Place Holder GPU R9 290X |

Links Current 5960X Old FX9590

No, 360 is One. 720 is two.

He meant Cosine of 720 = 1.

Cos(720) = 1

I really don't get the whole negativity to MS's E3??

I mean, arguably, they showed more exclusive (exclusive being the important word here) titles than sony, and isn't that exactly what everybody asked them to do?

Sure the console is more expensive, the difference being the included Kinect, the value of which will be discerned by the individual user. But for me, at the end of the day that cost difference over the lifespan of the console is insignificant. Considering the implications of Kinect are only going to improve in the coming years.

The whole connecting to xbox live every 24 hours? for any one commenting here I doubt that is a serious issue. And anyone who's internet connection is as unreliable as necessary to render the xbox one "useless" I imagine has bigger concerns than the decision of which console to buy. This problem, I imagine, is of far greater significance in the US, but here in the little old UK I couldn't imagine anyone buying a console and not connecting it to the internet with ease (and reliability).

The second hand/draconian DRM - I think people lose sight of the fact that gaming is a luxury, not a god given right, you should not expect to be able to play every game under the sun. The further arguments of the economics of the second hand market is not even worth attempting to consider, though for my two cents, I am in favour of the publisher making money on their product (especially when the publisher is incurring on going costs in the delivery of that product = server costs).

And why has a bigger fuss not been made of the Playstation Networks online multiplayer now being put behind a pay wall... Though it would appear the additional features of the two systems (PS+ and XBLive) is going to be an area of competition between the two big boys. Which can only be good for consumers right?

P.S having read this through, yes, I do like to imagine...

It's not hard for the ps3 to beat the xbox because it pretty much killed itself

I mean, arguably, they showed more exclusive (exclusive being the important word here) titles than sony, and isn't that exactly what everybody asked them to do?

Sure the console is more expensive, the difference being the included Kinect, the value of which will be discerned by the individual user. But for me, at the end of the day that cost difference over the lifespan of the console is insignificant. Considering the implications of Kinect are only going to improve in the coming years.

The whole connecting to xbox live every 24 hours? for any one commenting here I doubt that is a serious issue. And anyone who's internet connection is as unreliable as necessary to render the xbox one "useless" I imagine has bigger concerns than the decision of which console to buy. This problem, I imagine, is of far greater significance in the US, but here in the little old UK I couldn't imagine anyone buying a console and not connecting it to the internet with ease (and reliability).

The second hand/draconian DRM - I think people lose sight of the fact that gaming is a luxury, not a god given right, you should not expect to be able to play every game under the sun. The further arguments of the economics of the second hand market is not even worth attempting to consider, though for my two cents, I am in favour of the publisher making money on their product (especially when the publisher is incurring on going costs in the delivery of that product = server costs).

And why has a bigger fuss not been made of the Playstation Networks online multiplayer now being put behind a pay wall... Though it would appear the additional features of the two systems (PS+ and XBLive) is going to be an area of competition between the two big boys. Which can only be good for consumers right?

Well it does suck that you'll have to pay for PS+, it's still $10 cheaper and comes with a bunch of free games + discounts, which Xbox Live doesn't offer (until now in response to PS+ giving away free games and discounts).

And gaming is a luxury, it's a plain money grab to make second hand games not usable.

Also, Microsoft is ruining the ability to make the Xbox portable. Not everywhere you go has internet access, and because of this, you now can't use your Xbox anywhere.

15" MBP TB

AMD 5800X | Gigabyte Aorus Master | EVGA 2060 KO Ultra | Define 7 || Blade Server: Intel 3570k | GD65 | Corsair C70 | 13TB

Sony simply outwitted Xbox.

and based on this article, http://uk.ign.com/articles/2013/06/12/gamers-without-internet-can-stick-with-xbo x-360-says-microsoft, Don Mattrick made it worse.

"Experience is what you get when you don't get what you want" - Dan Stanford

Project Sandrock (Ended): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/75-project-sandrock/

Project Murasame Liger (WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/album/400-project-murasame-liger/

PC GAMER MASTER RACE LIVES ON

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

He meant Cosine of 720 = 1.

Cos(720) = 1
I would say that 360 = 2π

And that 720 = 4π

:-D

Screw it im getting a wii u. 

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

It isn't about used games. It isn't even about the internet. It is about what happens in 20 years when you want to go back and play the games you bought with your money. 20 years from now, I can still go back and play every game ever made on the same platform it was released on. This includes PC games. The X1 or XBO will the the first time this will be impossible.

It dictates WHO can play your game (whether you give consent or not). It determines HOW OFTEN you can share the game (once, forever). It limits HOW MANY people can play the game you bought (no more than 10 family members). It tells you WHERE to play the game (your specific console, tough luck if RROD). It tells you WHEN to play the game (within 24 hrs lest you reconnect).

It is simply a stupid, dumb method of DRM. The solution is simple: PRICE & unlock. If games are cheap, people won't steal. If region free, people won't steal foreign games (less of a problem for XBOX I suppose since they have no japanese support). Look at what iTunes has done for music and apps.

As for used games, the solution is simple there too: Legislation. Archaic and draconian DRM is not a solution. Proper legislation ensuring sales of used games pay out royalties to the devs is a simple fix to the problem. It also means more taxes. No reason why they won't do it.