How hard is it to move my OS to an SSD from a Hard Drive?

RhysMusique

Hey, so I've got a 1TB Western Digital Green Hard Drive in my system currently, and I'd like to integrate an SSD into my system,

Part of this would be moving Windows 8 to the SSD.

How hard is this to do so that i could keep all of my non-windows files on my 1TB Hard Drive?

CURRENT: intel i9-10900K ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero ROG Strix RTX 3090 32GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RM1000i Lian Li O11-Dynamic

OFFICE: intel i5-3570K ASUS Z77 mITX EVGA GTX 970 SC 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP Silverstone SFX PSU Fractal Design Node 202

A clean install of windows is always recommended when moving from an HDD to an SSD. Allows Windows to optimize the os for the ssd properly

Life.exe is missing

Not to bad, what I did was just cloned my original drive to the new ssd and then deleted the things that I didn't want on my new drive. 

<p>CPU: AMD FX-8320 @ 4.0 GHz | GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX | RAM: 8GB (2x4GB) Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-UD3P ATX | SSD: Samsung 840 EVO 500GB (Boot Drive) | HDD: 500GB | Case: Corsair SPEC-02 Red |PSU: Corsair 750W | OS: Windows 7 64-Bit | Mouse: Corsair M65 (Black) | Keyboard: Corsair K95 RGB (Black w/ Brown Switches)

Like CreepersCrawlers said, or you could use something like Acronis to clone the drive. 

Hmm, I dont have a spare Windows key, the disc I bought was OEM, that key's used up now,

On the other hand, my HDD has almost 500GB worth of games, operating system and music/photos etc on it already, surely cloning it to a 120GB SSD wouldn't work?

CURRENT: intel i9-10900K ASUS ROG Maximus XII Hero ROG Strix RTX 3090 32GB 3600MHz Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro RM1000i Lian Li O11-Dynamic

OFFICE: intel i5-3570K ASUS Z77 mITX EVGA GTX 970 SC 16GB 1600MHz Corsair Vengeance LP Silverstone SFX PSU Fractal Design Node 202

Hmm, I dont have a spare Windows key, the disc I bought was OEM, that key's used up now,

On the other hand, my HDD has almost 500GB worth of games, operating system and music/photos etc on it already, surely cloning it to a 120GB SSD wouldn't work?

Microsoft allows you to use the key again. You only get it deactivated for "Misuse" like using it on 20 computers in a short time. I have used my key three times. (My computer twice and my moms computer because her version got corrupted) 

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

If you bought the disc you can reinstall it on a new drive no problem. Use the same key.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Very easy, you can use cloning software. Although I usually just do a fresh install of windows because I like windows to be as clean as possible