Will my psu be enough

jochemblok
Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

Any more inputs from other users? i want to be sure before i make the purchase

Yes. The OCZ ModXStream isn't a great power supply, but I have the 700W version and I am running an overclocked i7 + a 290X off of it with no issue, so you will have no problem running an overclocked newer-generation i5 and a 280X. Even overclocked the most your computer would pull is around 450W, which the 600W MXS is perfectly capable of.

Hi there!

So im currently using my recently bought r9 280x with an older i5 2320. I would like to upgrade to the ivy bridge i5 3750k in combination with a corsair h60.

Will i be able to run this combination on a OCZ Modxstream 600 watt psu? the amd card uses about 250 watts but i have no idea what i can expect of the cpu

pls help me out;)

thx

nutshell yes

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

even if im pushing the i5? the power usage will increase greatly

Yes probably

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Yes. The OCZ ModXStream isn't a great power supply, but I have the 700W version and I am running an overclocked i7 + a 290X off of it with no issue, so you will have no problem running an overclocked newer-generation i5 and a 280X. Even overclocked the most your computer would pull is around 450W, which the 600W MXS is perfectly capable of.

"Rawr XD"

@Aniallation

Thanks for the input mate

btw at the time I purchased it many people recommended it and OCZ is a solid brand right? Also the review from JohnnyGuru was positive

well linus talks about him in his videos on techquickie so i would think it was reliable:d

but anyways thanks for the help everyone and i think im gonna order it tomorrow;)

well linus talks about him in his videos on techquickie so i would think it was reliable:d

but anyways thanks for the help everyone and i think im gonna order it tomorrow;)

No problem. Use the quote button in the future to reply to people, otherwise they won't get a notification that you did. 

Don't worry about the PSU though, after many years mine is still working perfectly.

"Rawr XD"