Chrome changed

j.dirona

So I just went onto chrome and it had said it was changed... and i'm normally fine with new updates... but this one is horrible,

It deleted all my extensions and nearly everything i click on now gives me an ad.

Is this updated for everybody? and are you guys having the same issue with the uninstalled extensions?

UPDATE: it was a virus called Asmedia ASM104x eSATA Host Controller Driver

Please use http://pcpartpicker.com/ for everybodones sake!

and quote me if you want me to see a reply please :)

pewpewpewphysicslazers!!!

Sounds like you got a virus.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Are you sure it's not a virus?

CPU: R5 5800X3D Motherboard - MSI X570 Gaming Plus RAM - 32GB Corsair DDR4 GPU - XFX 7900 XTX 4GB Case - NZXT H5 Flow (White) Storage - 2X 4TB Samsung 990 Pro PSU - Corsair RM100E Cooling - Corsair H100i Elite Capellix Keyboard Corsair K70 (Brown Switches)  Mouse - Corsair Nightsword RGB

seems legit lol

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I just updated without problems.

What extensions do you have?

The Internet is the first thing that humanity has built that humanity doesn't understand, the largest experiment in anarchy that we have ever had.

#rekt

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Nope no problems here at all. Are you sure you had a update?

No idea what happened, maybe a virus, shit tons of things started downloading every time i tried to open a new tab, I uninstalled and reinstalled chrome which seems to have fixed it...

Maybe a virus but no idea where I would have got it from unless its been dormant for a while

Hopefully it doesn't happen again now i got tons of stuff to uninstall -.- 

No idea what happened, maybe a virus, shit tons of things started downloading every time i tried to open a new tab, I uninstalled and reinstalled chrome which seems to have fixed it...

Maybe a virus but no idea where I would have got it from unless its been dormant for a while

Hopefully it doesn't happen again now i got tons of stuff to uninstall -.- 

You should be using a good antivirus with ccleaner and malwarebytes to prevent stuff like this from happening.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Time for the usual MBAM, AdwCleaner, CCleaner, the works.

At least it's not as bad as when Firefox decided to do a whole "re-design" - ahem, it looks exactly like Chrome....

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

Run the Malwarebytes trial scan.

Gets rid of PUP's really well.

System: Thinkpad T460

You should be using a good antivirus with ccleaner and malwarebytes to prevent stuff like this from happening.

Yeah I'll update I found the virus, what do you suggest for antivirus/cleaning software?

Also really too bad... I had gone over 2 years with no viruses

Yeah I'll update I found the virus, what do you suggest for antivirus/cleaning software?

Also really too bad... I had gone over 2 years with no viruses

avast or AVG for antivirus (free of course)

then malwarebytes

then cccleaner

Spoiler