Would this be an upgrade ?

Si3Rra_7

Still got old stuff in my pc that maybe a cheap upgrade will get rid of

I5-2310 -----> G3258 ( i have a non stock cooler for it)

OEM H61 mobo ----> ASUS H81-PLUS (old mobo from this http://www.asus.com/Desktops/Essentio_CM6730/

Would this be an upgrade ? Or should i stick till Skylake comes around ( broadwell is gonna have too short lifespan and new feature list )

What would be a cheap upgrade ? @Profquast @Speedbird

The cheapest would be to find an i5 2500 but it won't be really be worth the upgrade, it's only 500MHz faster. You could also get a H81 mobo and a i5 4460, but you will only get about a 25% improvement. What is your GPU if you're gaming and if not what do you use it for? I really don't think you need to upgrade.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~

The cheapest would be to find an i5 2500 but it won't be really be worth the upgrade, it's only 500MHz faster. You could also get a H81 mobo and a i5 4460, but you will only get about a 25% improvement. What is your GPU if you're gaming and if not what do you use it for? I really don't think you need to upgrade.

760 and going for a 980 ti when it's out

Nope, not at all really.

CPU: I7 3770k @4.8 ghz | GPU: GTX 1080 FE SLI | RAM: 16gb (2x8gb) gskill sniper 1866mhz | Mobo: Asus P8Z77-V LK | PSU: Rosewill Hive 1000W | Case: Corsair 750D | Cooler:Corsair H110| Boot: 2X Kingston v300 120GB RAID 0 | Storage: 1 WD 1tb green | 2 3TB seagate Barracuda|

760 and going for a 980 ti when it's out

A 760 won't be bottlenecked and I would get that 980ti and save up for a nice unlocked Skylake i5 to buy later, you will thank yourself.

~non cogito, ergo non sum?~