Micro ITX building for parents

felixthemaster1

Basically, I asked for opinions before and I have come to a final decision of this build:

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Pentium G3258 3.2GHz Dual-Core Processor  (£47.98 @ Amazon UK)
Motherboard: MSI H81I Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£46.00 @ Amazon UK)
Memory: Corsair 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3-1333 Memory  (£32.78 @ Amazon UK)
Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£75.54 @ Aria PC)
Case: Cooler Master Elite 110 Mini ITX Tower Case  (£43.68 @ Amazon UK)
Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  (£30.92 @ CCL Computers)
Total: £276.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-19 13:30 GMT+0000

The maximum wattage doesn't seem to go above 100W so I was thinking maybe I needed a smaller PSU. But smaller wattage PSUs are worse quality so this one was the best I found but it still has a shit ton of wires that I hope will fit in the case.

I get this warning at the bottom: 

rixjVo3.png

Is this anything to worry about? Do I need to do something to get this CPU to work or can I just ignore this.

My mind is made for the CPU and case, everything else is adjustable, so opinions are welcome. Maybe I should get another mobo which doesn't have this warning, What would be a good alternative if the warning is something to worry about?

plese get 2xCrucial ballistix 4GB sticks at least. Its just much better if you can have so much opened at the same time without extreme lags

You are set on the case? Really? You put just a SSD in, no GPU. I'd pick something way smaller.

who cares...

Its just the H/Z/B '8' chipset with the newer Haswell Chips. You could use a H97 board if you want, or you could update the BIOS.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

You don't need a smaller psu, if you wanted you could stick a 1500w psu in it and it would be just fine, but that would be more expensive and very overkill.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Motherboard: MSI H81I Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£46.00 @ Amazon UK) 

Memory: G.Skill Value 4GB (1 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  (£27.72 @ Ebuyer) 

Storage: Crucial MX100 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  (£75.54 @ Aria PC) 

Case: Cooler Master Elite 110 Mini ITX Tower Case  (£43.68 @ Amazon UK) 

Power Supply: EVGA 430W 80+ Certified ATX Power Supply  (£30.92 @ CCL Computers) 

Total: £263.69

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-19 13:58 GMT+0000

You are set on the case? Really? You put just a SSD in, no GPU. I'd pick something way smaller.

Smaller than the 110? What?

Its just the H/Z/B '8' chipset with the newer Haswell Chips. You could use a H97 board if you want, or you could update the BIOS.

Would using a h97 be that much more expensive? could you recommend one? Im sure sure how to update the bios if the cpu doesnt work then i cant boot to install windows to download the install the bios update

-snip-

That looks good. Will get a single ram then. But I hope the "value" ram isn't bad. whats the difference between yours and my cpu?

Would using a h97 be that much more expensive? could you recommend one? Im sure sure how to update the bios if the cpu doesnt work then i cant boot to install windows to download the install the bios update

That looks good. Will get a single ram then. But I hope the "value" ram isn't bad. whats the difference between yours and my cpu?

The one I have is cheaper, clocked slightly lower, and locked. unless you have a z97 board then the 3258 is a waste of money because you can't overclock it.

The Lian Li PC TU100 for example. Meh i guess the CM Elite 110 is unbeatable at this price point. Idk too much about ITX cases but the 110 looked like one of the bigger ones.

who cares...

The Lian Li PC TU100 for example. Meh i guess the CM Elite 110 is unbeatable at this price point. Idk too much about ITX cases but the 110 looked like one of the bigger ones.

It's the size of your head, pretty much, the Lian Li one looks bigger

It's the size of your head, pretty much, the Lian Li one looks bigger

Lian Li: 170x277x252 (WxHxD)

CM: 260x208x280 (WxHxD)

So very similar actually. The Lian Li is about 4 cm slimmer and stand upright. I'd stay with the CM then too.

who cares...

On can overclock the G3258 on the Asrock H81M-ITX/WiFi. The Antec case is a nice size and has a built in psu of decent quality. Depending on when the motherboard was made, the BIOS may need to be updated before it can be used with the G3258. You should probably check with the retailer before purchasing.

If you are willing to spend a little less than £20 more than the OP build, you can forgo overclocking and BIOS worries with an i3-4130.

Motherboard: ASRock H81M-ITX/WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£41.73 @ Amazon UK)
Case: Antec ISK 300-150 Mini ITX Desktop Case w/150W Power Supply  (£65.23 @ Amazon UK)
Total: £263.26
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-19 16:50 GMT+0000

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

On can overclock the G3258 on the Asrock H81M-ITX/WiFi. The Antec case is a nice size and has a built in psu of decent quality. Depending on when the motherboard was made, the BIOS may need to be updated before it can be used with the G3258. You should probably check with the retailer before purchasing.

If you are willing to spend a little less than £20 more than the OP build, you can forgo overclocking and BIOS worries with an i3-4130.

Motherboard: ASRock H81M-ITX/WIFI Mini ITX LGA1150 Motherboard  (£41.73 @ Amazon UK)

Case: Antec ISK 300-150 Mini ITX Desktop Case w/150W Power Supply  (£65.23 @ Amazon UK)

Total: £263.26

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-11-19 16:50 GMT+0000

I dont need to overclock my parent's computer so I think I will get the G3220 instead as @Flyguygamer suggested. I think an i3 would be far overkill