Lumia 920 Reception Issues

My Lumia 920 hasn't been able to pick up any cell service on AT&T in Southern California. I've never really had this issue ever before, and I've had my phone for two years now. Does anyone know if this is an issue with AT&T at the moment? Or is this my phone... Either way I'm glad my OnePlus One is on it's way to my doorstep.

-From the desk of Moose-

My Lumia 920 hasn't been able to pick up any cell service on AT&T in Southern California. I've never really had this issue ever before, and I've had my phone for two years now. Does anyone know if this is an issue with AT&T at the moment? Or is this my phone... Either way I'm glad my OnePlus One is on it's way to my doorstep.

In settings, open the cellular page and open the Network Selection. It will scan for networks and if it finds any they will be shown on the screen. If it doesn't find your network(but others like T-Mobile show) then it could be an issue with  AT&T, but if it doesn't find anything then you could have a failing device.

Note that this takes fucking ages, or at least does when I travel from the UK to continental Europe. Another note is when I lose reception on my 920 I fairly often have to phone someone (just for a moment) to regain reception, there seems to be an issue with reconnecting once signal is lost, even where the signal is otherwise strong.

I hope myself to get a new phone soon, sick of my 920.

Note that this takes fucking ages, or at least does when I travel from the UK to continental Europe. Another note is when I lose reception on my 920 I fairly often have to phone someone (just for a moment) to regain reception, there seems to be an issue with reconnecting once signal is lost, even where the signal is otherwise strong.

I hope myself to get a new phone soon, sick of my 920.

Haha! I've been stuck with my 920 for two years. I feel your pain :D

-From the desk of Moose-

People who stick up for WP8 are in denial.

I couldn't agree more. Can't wait to make the jump to Android :) hopefully my OnePlus One ships soon.

-From the desk of Moose-

I couldn't agree more. Can't wait to make the jump to Android :) hopefully my OnePlus One ships soon.

Got one sitting in my basket right now, not sure though, still having some doubts, especially about its screen and size :/

Got one sitting in my basket right now, not sure though, still having some doubts, especially about its screen and size :/

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/received-my-64gb-oneplus.38311/ this is a user on the OnePlus forums who switched from the 920 to the OnePlus, he has some comparison pictures too. Personally, I'm open for a bigger screen. 

-From the desk of Moose-

https://forums.oneplus.net/threads/received-my-64gb-oneplus.38311/ this is a user on the OnePlus forums who switched from the 920 to the OnePlus, he has some comparison pictures too. Personally, I'm open for a bigger screen. 

Very useful, especially the side-by-side photo with the 920. Not that big really, probably just my mind bigging it up.

Very useful, especially the side-by-side photo with the 920. Not that big really, probably just my mind bigging it up.

also, its like 20 grams lighter, and about 2mm thinner. Weight mattered a lot more to me when I held other phones and realized how heavy my 920 really was. I'd go for it. Just don't expect it to see it ship for another few days. Mine still says "Pending shipment".

-From the desk of Moose-

also, its like 20 grams lighter, and about 2mm thinner. Weight mattered a lot more to me when I held other phones and realized how heavy my 920 really was. I'd go for it. Just don't expect it to see it ship for another few days. Mine still says "Pending shipment".

True, but I can wait a while I guess. Weight isn't such a concern to me, and the number of times I've dropped my phone while drunk has made me grateful it's a Nokia!

Ohh, so hard to decide though :S

True, but I can wait a while I guess. Weight isn't such a concern to me, and the number of times I've dropped my phone while drunk has made me grateful it's a Nokia!

Ohh, so hard to decide though :S

My 920 has a rattling something in it... always has. And, even when I dropped my phone on a big rock, screen first, from 5 feet above and it only got a tiny screen scratch, i dropped it from about 2.5 feet above a CARPET and the phone cracked. The build quality on my 920 was very inconsistent, which it really weird. The OnePlus apparently has some really solid build quality, but I've never held one, so I can't say from experience. Well, I wish you the best of luck in finding a new phone. 

-From the desk of Moose-

My 920 has a rattling something in it... always has. And, even when I dropped my phone on a big rock, screen first, from 5 feet above and it only got a tiny screen scratch, i dropped it from about 2.5 feet above a CARPET and the phone cracked. The build quality on my 920 was very inconsistent, which it really weird. The OnePlus apparently has some really solid build quality, but I've never held one, so I can't say from experience. Well, I wish you the best of luck in finding a new phone. 

The rattling noise is the springs in the camera that it uses for the image stabilisation... the camera being the one highlight of the phone

For me battery is the killer. It's poor, but it's inconsistent. It just sometimes drains when on idle in like 3 hours...