Slim fan controller. Trying to find one to fit into a define R3.

JTB123

I recently found the NZXT and thought this would be perfect for the fans in my case, sadly this will not fit on the back of the MB tray in my define R3 going by the measurements.

Does anyone know of one that would fit on the back of the MB tray in this case?

I recently found the NZXT and thought this would be perfect for the fans in my case, sadly this will not fit on the back of the MB tray in my define R3 going by the measurements.

Does anyone know of one that would fit on the back of the MB tray in this case?

Do you need a software controlled one? Or would a manually controlled one like the NZXT Mesh or Sentry do?

"Rawr XD"

Why not a front 5.25" fan controller?

mb tray?

Motherboard tray.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Do you need a software controlled one? Or would a manually controlled one like the NZXT Mesh or Sentry do?

A manual one would be fine actually, I have a free 5.25 inch bay on my case. Would you recommend the one you mentioned?

I would go with the NZXT mesh if you need an entry level manual fan controller. I know a handful of people that bought the various versions of the Sentry and every one of them, the screen died within the second year. The Mesh doesn't have a screen, and is basically just a handful of slide pontentiometers, not much to go wrong in them.

If you are looking for something a little bit more mid-range I would take a look at the different stuff from Lamptron. They make a bunch of really nice controllers in a ton of different styles.

A manual one would be fine actually, I have a free 5.25 inch bay on my case. Would you recommend the one you mentioned?

Low end digital controllers are not worth it. The software is meh. My mCubed T-Balancer fits in the back of my Define R4 after i took one it it's plexi glass plates off.

If you don't plan to play around with fan curves or temperature sensors I'd get an analogue one like the NZXT Mesh. Scythe Kaze is also a good line of fan controllers.

who cares...

Thanks for responses everyone, looking at some brief videos of the NZXT mesh that looks like a good choice, another reason for it is keeping my cables tidy, I do find it a bit of hassle having to route every fan cable around my MB and having them all go to one place will look better I think.

Mesh is just simple sliders to adjust your fans

Sentry has a touch panel with LEDs and other fancy stuff

"Rawr XD"