BF4, I have minor case of aggressive brain cancer induced by anger

BF4 will not launch after I re-downloaded it and re-installed it to my HDD.

The exe start up and all that, it just never gets to loading map. It says "sorry, looks like something went wrong", and to be honest I am sick of sorry's.

Is there a magic fix for this? Other than to try and delete 10GB worth of something from my SSD to make room for the game again.

If not then I am most likely going to delete the hiberfil.sys file from my SSD, and see if BF4 will like the SSD more then that little F*CK!!

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

Maybe its something to do with the 2GB update and 6GB expansion today...  have you tried reinstallation? :o

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Maybe its something to do with the 2GB update and 6GB expansion today...  have you tried reinstallation? :o

No, but I don't really feel like re-downloading all that...again.

No need to delete hiberfil.sys forcefully, just go to an administrator-level command prompt and enter:

powercfg -h off

Interesting, I might give this a try tomorrow, if it doesn't work then I finally have a reason to re-install windows.

Spoiler

Case Bitfenix Ghost, Mobo Asus Maximus VIII Ranger, CPU i7 6700K @4.2 Ghz cooled by Arctic cooling Freezer i30, (barely). GPU Nvidia GTX 970 Gigabyte G1 @1519Mhz core, RAM 16Gb Crucial Ballistix CL16 @2400Mhz. SSD 128GB Sandisk Ultra Plus as my OS drive. HDD's  1TB  Seagate ST31000524AS its OEM, 3TB Seagate Barracuda, 2x 500GB WDC Blue (RAID 0)

If it isn't working absolutely perfectly, according to all your assumptions, it is broken.

No, but I don't really feel like re-downloading all that...again.

Interesting, I might give this a try tomorrow, if it doesn't work then I finally have a reason to re-install windows.

Yeah whats posted will delete the file. I think its just a dodgy BF4 update, have you tried doing a recheck of game files?

Intel I9-9900k (5Ghz) Asus ROG Maximus XI Formula | Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4-4133mhz | ASUS ROG Strix 2080Ti | EVGA Supernova G2 1050w 80+Gold | Samsung 950 Pro M.2 (512GB) + (1TB) | Full EK custom water loop |IN-WIN S-Frame (No. 263/500)

Yeah whats posted will delete the file. I think its just a dodgy BF4 update, have you tried doing a recheck of game files?

Not yet, I have only managed to join a game twice after moving the game to the HDD. Even before the update I had this issue, I think it is just my HDD that needs to rust in hell.

The game has always worked fine when I had it on the SSD, I can't see the update causing the issue entirely.

In any case it is late here, I will ponder a cure for this mass in my scull tomorrow.

Spoiler

Not yet, I have only managed to join a game twice after moving the game to the HDD. Even before the update I had this issue, I think it is just my HDD that needs to rust in hell.

The game has always worked fine when I had it on the SSD, I can't see the update causing the issue entirely.

Recheck game files.