K95 Opinions about LEDs

Raphael_123

Hello everyone!

So I'm in my third K95 keyboard. I have RMA last 2 because of burned out leds. On Sunday the first led burning out!! It only lasted around 3 months ( which is not enough for what i paid to be honest ). 

Now im just curious of how many leds do you let burn out before doing an RMA?

Edit 1: just to add another question 

How do you feel about paying around $130 on a nice Corsair keyboard that dont last that long? 

Edited by Raphael_123

I hear this is a common issue with the K95 though I may be wrong. Personally, I'm not into the lighting on keyboards, but obviously you are because you bought the RGB keyboard. I wouldn't let one burn out without an RMA. With the second question, this is new tech, issues are to be expected. 

PC: 4770K @ 4.0 GHz --- Maximus VI Hero --- 8 GB 2133 MHz Corsair Vengeance Pro --- EVGA 780 TI Classified @ 1300 MHz --- Samsung Evo 250 GB --- Corsair RM 750 --- Corsair Carbide Air 540 --- CM Storm Rapid-I (MX Blues with PMK Evergreen Keycaps) --- Windows XP --- Razer Naga --- Custom Loop Parts: 380I, EKWB 780 Classy Waterblock and Backplate, 240mm and 360mm XT45, Swiftech MCP655, EKWB multi option reservoir, Mayhems Pastel Red, Primochill Primoflex Advanced Clear Tubing, 5 SP 120 Quiet Editions --- Mobile: Surface Pro 3 (i5 128gb) with JD40 (MX Clears) and Microsoft Sculpt Mouse --- Galaxy S6

I have a K70 that I have been using for the past 11 months and non of the LEDs have burned out yet.

But it seems quite unfortunate that you've had so many burn out.  It's probably caused by static shock when you touch the keys.

And yes, I would be pissed if any of the LEDs went out on a $130 keyboard.

MY CURRENT PC

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k COOLER: Noctua NH-D14 MOBO: MSI Z87-GD65 Gaming ATX RAM: G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB DDR3-1600 STORAGE: Samsung 840 EVO 120GB SSD and Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200RPM HHD GPU: Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 SLI CASE: Fractal Design R4 PSU: EVGA 1000W 80+ Gold 
PERIPHERALS - KEYBOARD: Corsair Vengeance K70 w/ Cherry MX Browns MOUSE: Logitech G500/M100 MONITOR(S): Acer H236HLbid (I want an Asus PB278Q) SPEAKERS: Some Cyber Acoustics $10 speakers PICTURES AND FULL PARTS LIST @ PCPARTPICKER - http://pcpartpicker.com/b/z4Pscf  

"Don't get so caught up in trying to make a living that you forget to make a life."

Hello everyone!

So I'm in my third K95 keyboard. I have RMA last 2 because of burned out leds. On Sunday the first led burning out!! It only lasted around 3 months ( which is not enough for what i paid to be honest ). 

Now im just curious of how many leds do you let burn out before doing an RMA?

Edit 1: just to add another question 

How do you feel about paying around $130 on a nice Corsair keyboard that dont last that long? 

Rma it on the first led. I have had 2 k70's and never lost an led except to my brothers fist. One of them is still going strong for my grandpa and the other one died at the hands of my brother. So far nothing but good things with corsair.

I hear this is a common issue with the K95 though I may be wrong. Personally, I'm not into the lighting on keyboards, but obviously you are because you bought the RGB keyboard. I wouldn't let one burn out without an RMA. With the second question, this is new tech, issues are to be expected. 

I have the regular K95 not the RGB. 

I have a K70 that I have been using for the past 11 months and non of the LEDs have burned out yet.

But it seems quite unfortunate that you've had so many burn out.  It's probably caused by static shock when you touch the keys.

And yes, I would be pissed if any of the LEDs went out on a $130 keyboard.

Thank you for having the same feeling as me!

Does anyone know if their is an RGB K95 variant with the old logo or only the RGB K70 comes with the old logo?