Why don't retailers list the refresh rate of a monitor?

Søren Bjerg
Go to solution Solved by LinusTech,

If it's not listed, it's 60Hz.

Everytime I look online for a monitor, they tell me everything except the refresh rate - which of course is very important. Anyone know why this is and how I can find the refresh rate? 

Also to those who don't know what refresh rate is it's the 60hz and 144hz thing that you may have seen about the specs of a monitor.

Thanks

If it's not listed, it's 60Hz.

Or worse

could have a mega-infinity specification.

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

Everytime I look online for a monitor, they tell me everything except the refresh rate - which of course is very important. Anyone know why this is and how I can find the refresh rate? 

Also to those who don't know what refresh rate is it's the 60hz and 144hz thing that you may have seen about the specs of a monitor.

Thanks

go on PC partpicker they have pretty much every monitor under the sun logged there and with all the info

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/parts/monitor/

CPU: i7 4790K-----GPU: Gigabyte GTX 980 G1 Gaming + MSI GTX 980 TWINFROZR ------MOBO: MSI Z97 Gaming 7-------RAM: Klevv Genuine 2400MHz-------PSU: EVGA 850W SuperNOVA G2-------CASE: Phanteks Enhtoo Luxe

@LinusTech what happened to the whole room watercooling video 

Please, slick already asked for patience -,-

RIG: I7-4790k @ 4.5GHz | MSI Z97S SLI Plus | 12GB Geil Dragon RAM 1333MHz | Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 970 (1550MHz core/7800MHz memory) @ +18mV(Maxed out at 1650/7800 so far) | Corsair RM750 | Samsung 840 EVO 120GB, 1TB Seagate Barracuda | Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Closed) | Sound Blaster Z                                                                                                                        Getting: Noctua NH-D15 | Possible 250GB Samsung 850 Evo                                                                                        Need a console killer that actually shits on every console? Here you go (No MIR/Promo)

This is why you should not get an FX CPU for ANY scenario other than rendering on a budget http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/286142-fx-8350-r9-290-psu-requirements/?p=3892901 http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/266481-an-issue-with-people-bashing-the-fx-cpus/?p=3620861

@LinusTech what happened to the whole room watercooling video 

not that im interested but i've been wondering about that too

that's a LOT of work tho

“Give a man a fire and he's warm for a day . Set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.”