MKBHD having a AMA tomorrow at 10AM EST

nickpc

edit:

CRAP I CANT WATCH IT

Are you new? Please read CoC  Before posting! PLEASE SELECT 'AUTOMATIC' FOR FONT COLOR FOR US DARK THEME USERS (Only for dark shades)If you can read this, it means you need to change to NIGHT THEME (bottom left above LMG logo) Please follow your threads and Quote people when replying to them. Mark your problem as solved if answered. Don't spam, nobody likes a spammer. DO NOT QUOTE IMAGES! BE NICE!

dam 2am that's a tough call. do i want to sleep and go to work rested or stay up and go to work feeling like death

''FX-9590 Hotter than lava''

And... Whats an AMA?

Sound: Custom one pros, Audioengine A5+ with S8 sub.

K70 RGB

I'm not sure if this qualifies as "tech news". Might belong in "general" but whatever.

I got a few questions about his "The Dream Smartphone". I won't ask them since I don't visit reddit but maybe someone will read this, agree with me and ask him.

It feels like he was basically describing the Note 4 but forced himself to pick parts from all manufacturers to not piss off any potential fanboys.

He says he wants the body of the M8, but then he not only changes the shape of the body to be like a Note 4, but also changes the material to what Nokia uses on their Lumia phones. So what's left of the M8? He could have rephrased it to "I want the Note 4 body but made out of the same plastic as the Lumia phones".

The CPU, GPU, RAM and battery are the same as the Note 4.

The camera is the same as the Note 4.

The screen choice didn't make any sense because the screen on the LG G3 is pretty bad at everything except resolution. The Note 4's screen is amazing at everything including resolution. He should have picked the Note 4's screen. In fact, I am pretty sure he even said the Note 4 had the best screen of any smartphone in one of his videos, so why isn't that in his dream phone?

So what's left? The image processing from the iPhone? With the new Camera2 API in Lollipop we will hopefully get some amazing third party camera apps that will allow you to do even better post processing than the iPhone.

I am not trying to say that I think the Note 4 is the best phone or anything like that, but to me it seems like Marques was describing the Note 4 in his video while trying to please fans of all brands.

I'm not sure if this qualifies as "tech news". Might belong in "general" but whatever.

I got a few questions about his "The Dream Smartphone". I won't ask them since I don't visit reddit but maybe someone will read this, agree with me and ask him.

It feels like he was basically describing the Note 4 but forced himself to pick parts from all manufacturers to not piss off any potential fanboys.

He says he wants the body of the M8, but then he not only changes the shape of the body to be like a Note 4, but also changes the material to what Nokia uses on their Lumia phones. So what's left of the M8? He could have rephrased it to "I want the Note 4 body but made out of the same plastic as the Lumia phones".

The screen choice didn't make any sense because the screen on the LG G3 is pretty bad at everything except resolution. The Note 4's screen is amazing at everything including resolution. He should have picked the Note 4's screen. In fact, I am pretty sure he even said the Note 4 had the best screen of any smartphone in one of his videos, so why isn't that in his dream phone?

So what's left? The image processing from the iPhone? With the new Camera2 API in Lollipop we will hopefully get some amazing third party camera apps that will allow you to do even better post processing than the iPhone.

I am not trying to say that I think the Note 4 is the best phone or anything like that, but to me it seems like Marques was describing the Note 4 in his video while trying to please fans of all brands.

Does it have to do with the screen from the G3? I think that is what I am thinking about.

sweet! can't wait :D

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

Yeah, that was a really odd video. I suspect you're right that he wanted to avoid accusations of fanboyism, but if he liked most of the Note 4's features I think he should have been honest about it.

It was made in collaboration with the Verge I think, so maybe they had something to do with it. (Supposedly they made their Android reviews more positive in an attempt to alleviate all the accusations of iVerge, at the expense of truth).

Tea, Metal, and poorly written code.