Any good PS2 emulators?

orangecat

I want to play my old PS2 games but sadly I no longer have a PS2. PCSX2 sucks at emulating and it hard as hell to use unlike Dolphin.

That's about as good as it gets unfortunately :S

Aragorn (WS): 250D | 6800k | 840 Pro 512GB | Intel 530 480GB  | Asus X99-M WS | 64GB DDR4 | Corsair HX720i | GTX 1070 | Corsair H115i | Philips BDM4350UC 43" 3840x2160 IPS

Gimli (server):  Node 304 | G4560 | ADATA XPG SX8000 128GB | 2x 5TB WD Red | ASROCK H270M-ITX/AC  | 8GB DDR4 | Seasonic 400FL

Omega (server):                 Fractal Arc Mini R2 | i3 4130 | 500GB Maxtor | 2TB WD Red : Raid 1 | 3TB Seagate Barracuda | 16GB RAM | Seasonic G-450w
Alpha (WS): 900D | 4770k | GTX 780  | 840 Pro 512GB  | GA-Z87X-OC | Corsair RM 850 | 24GB 2400mhz | Samsung S27B970D 2560x1440

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

I've always found PCSX2 to be awesome, have never had any problems setting it up and playing games like FFX, FFXII, Rogue Galaxy, and others. Are you going though the settings and plugins correctly? 

Win10 - AMD 5800X, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Elite, RX 6800XT Midnight Black, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB, ARCTIC Liquid Freezr II 360-ARGB, Sabrent Rocket Q 2TB, Cooler Master V850, Fractal Design Meshify 2

unRAID - AMD 1700X, GIGABYTE B450 Aorus Pro, Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB, Noctua NH-D9L, WD Red 4TB x3, WD Green 2TB, Intel 160GB SSD, Seasonic S12III 550W, Fractal Design Node 605

pfSense - Intel i5 4570S, ASUS H97I-PLUS, Samsung Green 8GB, Zalman CNPS80G, WD Scorpio Blue 320GB, EVGA SuperNova GA 550W, Fractal Design Node 304

Lol dolpin is farrrr from perfect play any of the rogue squadron games and tell me how that goes:P

PCSX2 is very good, takes a little configuring, but the few games i've tried on it actually ran better than the PS2, constant 60fps, no glitches and good sound.

----Ryzen R9 5900X----X570 Aorus elite----Vetroo V5----240GB Kingston HyperX 3k----Samsung 250GB EVO840----512GB Kingston Nvme----3TB Seagate----4TB Western Digital Green----8TB Seagate----32GB Patriot Viper 4 3200Mhz CL 16 ----Power Color Red dragon 5700XT----Fractal Design R4 Black Pearl ----Corsair RM850w----

I want to play my old PS2 games but sadly I no longer have a PS2. PCSX2 sucks at emulating and it hard as hell to use unlike Dolphin.

PCSX2 is the best thats out. I was playing Mercenaries on it a week or so ago. I had a fair bit of configuring to do before I could get stable 60fps but it worked well and configured with my Xbox controller nicely.

Dolphin does work much nicer but its a Wii/GC vs a PS2. Like seriously, Its not like Wii or GC are demanding on hardware at all.

PCSX2 is the best thats out. I was playing Mercenaries on it a week or so ago. I had a fair bit of configuring to do before I could get stable 60fps but it worked well and configured with my Xbox controller nicely.

Dolphin does work much nicer but its a Wii/GC vs a PS2. Like seriously, Its not like Wii or GC are demanding on hardware at all.

This is true playstation requires a bit more work.

pcsx2 plays most games better than the ps2.

as to it being difficult to configure compared to dolphin.....pcsx2 needs to emulate more complex and more advanced hardware than dolphin does with the wii.

if you need help configuring it simply go the configuration guide.

and if you google specific games on pcsx2 you can probably find more game specific configurations.

I can play most games at an internal resolution of 3840x2160,down-scaled to 1920x1080 with no slow downs,glitches,or anything else.

doing this makes games appear much more crisp and clear.

they've also added AA,realtime color correction options,glitch fixes,etc.

what games specifically are you having trouble with?

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

PSX is decent but remember only play games you own!

Is this the real life? Or is this just fantasy?

I really want to play James Bond: Agent Under Fire on PS2, one of the best games I ever played.

PC: EVGA GTX680, i5 2500K, 8GB Kingston HyperX, Gigabyte Z68-GA-UD3P, 120GB OCZ SSD, 2x1TB WD Greens, Corsair 600t, Corsair AX750, Corsair H100i, ASUS MX239H, Corsair K60 + M60. 

PCSX2 works great for me, some game like Zone of the Enders run a little slow though

PSX is decent but remember only play games you own!

Thats no help if you cant buy the games or consoles new. You might aswell pirate the games unless you like to support Gamestop.

I found games very playable on PCSX2, and I didn't even do much configuring; I just kinda turned the audio quality down and jumped right in. :P

I'm sure with a little more scrupulous configuration it can be a very ideal experience.

Intel Core i7-7700K | EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW | ASUS ROG Strix Z270G Gaming | 32GB G-Skill TridentZ RGB DDR4-3200 | Corsair AX860i

Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 3 Samsung 950 Pro 256GB | Samsung 850 Evo 1TB | EKWB Custom Loop | Noctua NF-F12(x4)/NF-A14 LTT Special Edition

Dell S2716DGR | Corsair K95 RGB Platinum (Cherry MX Brown) | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | FiiO E17 DAC/Amp | Beyerdynamic DT990 Pro

I've always found PCSX2 to be awesome, have never had any problems setting it up and playing games like FFX, FFXII, Rogue Galaxy, and others. Are you going though the settings and plugins correctly? 

Trying to but allot of games just dont want to work for me.

Lol dolpin is farrrr from perfect play any of the rogue squadron games and tell me how that goes:P

Dolphin is a much more mature emulator it emulates hardware much better the PCSX2 does. i understand the PS2 had much faster and more complex hardware but dolphin emulates the games as if they where ment to be played on a PC and PCSX2 emulates if buggy and reallu ugly looking.

Dolphin is a much more mature emulator it emulates hardware much better the PCSX2 does. i understand the PS2 had much faster and more complex hardware but dolphin emulates the games as if they where ment to be played on a PC and PCSX2 emulates if buggy and reallu ugly looking.

fair enough I don't have any experience with the ps2 emulator only the ps1 emulator which is a pain in the rectum. I just used the example of rogue squadron 2 and 3 because the ports are awful with the emulator dare I say unplayable. And Rogue Squadron 2 is on many top 10 lists for gamecube. 

pcsx2 is actually a good emulator. are you making sure that you are using the SSE4.1 GSDX? did you setup the emulator to make use of your emulator?

did you bind your keys correctly? 

you may also want to get a PS3 controller. drivers should be automatically installed just like they were for me. and if i were you, get the genuine controller if you want better controller support. like vibe (mine wont work since its made by another company)

hope all goes well.

Will PS4 and Xbox One OS work on PC? They seem to have same hardware.

PCSX2, lol. 

You need to get the right version for the right games, it's a pain, but that's the only way. 

Come and join the awesome Official LTT Star Citizen Org at LTT Conglomerat,  GTA 5 LTT Crew at LTT Conglomarate

PC Specs - 4770k - OC 4.5GHz  - GTX 780 SC - 16GB HyperX - NZXT H440 White - Corsair H100i - Corsair AX750 - Samsung Evo 250GB - 2 x PA238Q - ATH-M50 - 

I think Sony should start selling PS2 slims again, aswell as producing all the games. Or make them digitally available!!! :/

You could just use the N64 emulator for Rogue Squadron...

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

You could just use the N64 emulator for Rogue Squadron...

not rogue squadron 2 rogue leader you can't. completely revolutionary game one of the best stars wars games ever. 

not rogue squadron 2 rogue leader you can't. completely revolutionary game one of the best stars wars games ever. 

Well, then use the GameCube emulator :P

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

I have the same problem. wanted to play persona 4. didnt work at all.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Well, then use the GameCube emulator :P

you sir. That is what i was referencing since the start. Play the gamecube rogue squadron games on dolphin and wait for your mind to EXPLODE