where to buy a domain?

imperialplanet

I was looking at domains and where can i buy the licence for a domain. I dont want to rent the domain i want to have it be mine. It that possible?  

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

I was looking at domains and where can i buy the licence for a domain. I dont want to rent the domain i want to have it be mine. It that possible?  

Ehh I'm assuming you want to have your own website.

The easiest way to buy the address is through places like Hostgator or JustHost. If you want a free site, try Webs or Wix.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

GoDaddy?

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

The easiest way to buy the address is through places like Hostgator or JustHost. If you want a free site, try Webs or Wix.

this

GoDaddy?

no they tend to offer an atrocious service and lock you in

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

I want it more for a personal reasons , but i want to host it myself.

\/Specs\/

Xeon E3 1230 V3-Maximus vi hero-2x4gb G skill RipjawsX 2133-EVGA supernova-1 tb seagate-Samsung 840 EVO 1TB-NZXT H440-EVGA 6Gb 780 Razer-Blackwidow Ultimate-Corsair M65

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

I want it more for a personal reasons , but i want to host it myself.

I've used 1and1 and namecheap. Cheap, easy, simple. Look for coupon codes, etc.

2010 - http://lifehacker.com/5683682/five-best-domain-name-registrars

2012:  http://lifehacker.com/5943452/five-best-domain-name-registrars

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

How about http://domain.com?

ON A 7 MONTH BREAK FROM THESE LTT FORUMS. WILL BE BACK ON NOVEMBER 5th.

Advisor in the 'Displays' Sub-forum | Sony Vegas Pro Enthusiast & Advisor

Tech Tips Christian Fellowship Founder & Coordinator 

this

I tend to use godaddy for only buying domains then connecting it to the bluehost account my family uses.

works pretty well considering I get the domains I want for 3$

But I hate using godaddy at the same time; their ads are super annoying.

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

this

Lock you into what? GoDaddy doesn't do jack I've got domains through them for dirt cheap. You can snag a top tier domain for 10 years on GoDaddy for about $165.

I tend to use godaddy for only buying domains then connecting it to the bluehost account my family uses.

this is why

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

Lock you into what? GoDaddy doesn't do jack I've got domains through them for dirt cheap. You can snag a top domain for 10 years on GoDaddy for about $165.

ads thats why and there hosting service is overpriced

and this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWasVhqe7V4

Lock you into what? GoDaddy doesn't do jack I've got domains through them for dirt cheap. You can snag a top tier domain for 10 years on GoDaddy for about $165.

I recall their CEO hunts elephants. So I don't really like that.

HostGator has cleaner hosting solutions.

The new ones are much worse IMO. This one is just outlandish the new ones are just outrageous.

like this 

I dont want to rent the domain i want to have it be mine. It that possible?

Not sure what you mean. I don't think it is possible to buy a domain with a one-time purchase. Or for lifetime.

As for domain registrars, I'd recommend Namecheap.

Not sure what you mean. I don't think it is possible to buy a domain with a one-time purchase. Or for lifetime.

As for domain registrars, I'd recommend Namecheap.

ok, i was hoping for a one-time purchase but ill check it out, thanks

\/Specs\/

MSI Ghost Pro GS60 

Godaddy sucks, hostgator is a bit better, but not by much. Use domain.com or namecheap for domains and linode for hosting.

You can also buy domains from Google and Amazon.

CPU: i7 3770k @ 4.8Ghz Motherboard: Sabertooth Z77 RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance GPU: GTX 780 Case: Corsair 540 Air Storage: 2x Intel 520 SSD Raid 0 PSU: Corsair AX850 Display(s): 1x 27" Samsung Monitor 3x 24" Asus Monitors Cooling: Swifttech H220 Keyboard: Logitech 710+ Mouse: Logitech G500 Headphones: Sennheiser HD 558 --- Internet: http://linustechtips.com/main/uploads/gallery/album_1107/gallery_12431_1107_23677.png My Setup:  http://linustechtips.com/main/gallery/image/7922-1-rkcf7io/ -- NAS: 3x WD Red 3TB Drives (RAIDZ-1), 5x 750gb Seagate ES HDD(RAIDZ-1), 120gb SSD for caching, OS: FreeNAS --  Server 1: Xeon E3 1275v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5 -- Server 2: Xeon E3 1220v2, 32GB of RAM, OS: ESXi 5.5

like this 

OMG YES I HATE IT SOO MUCH 

Computing enthusiast. 
I use to be able to input a cheat code now I've got to input a credit card - Total Biscuit

Ok, you want to buy a domain name. The most you can do is 5-10 years (~$100 for a .com, 10yr no matter where it's from). I recommend name.com because they are cheep and super good. 

If you want to self host your website (I'm assuming you understand HTML/CSS/JS/PhP, or at least some parts), you're going to need something like XAMPP, LAMP or WAMP setup. 

XAMPP: For local testing, install on computer(s) you would like to edit your code on so localhost will run your website.

WAMP: Also for local testing on Win computers. 

LAMP: More so if you know what you're doing. This is the package/setup you use on a linux computer to make your website 24/7 home-hosted. 

If you want/need more help just reply/PM me. 

~FRED

I have about 5 domains all through go daddy!

Computer Programming Nerd Guy + Computer Support @ Red Tree IT

Hostgator is good I have heard :)

It seems impossible until it's done.