H-Hour First one PC ....Socom coming Back?

RWT98

I have posted about Socom in the past knowing it was dead and gone. Its been 5 years of heart break for me, and many other members of that tight community. Personally to me that was one of the best games made in its time and still today i would call it the best game produced to the gaming community not the whole franchise, but Fire team bravo 1 and 2 where the two best ones with out a doubt. after that it went down hill after david sears left. zipper was forced to close down due to sales not being up witch followed the shut down of the servers. well its 2014 5 years later we have been introduced to a game called H-Hour aka socom. since sony still owns the name socom they went able to actually name it socom ...... but David sears and other members of the zipper team are back hopefully going to bring us the most loved game something that is different then COD or Battle field this game takes skill no re spawn's  therefore making you play more carefully. due to be relased in march 2015 to PC player first then ps4 soon after. SOF studios is making this happen they are only funded till march lets hope they make the money they need to bring this game back. because as of now there just running off the money they got from kickstarter.

What do you guys think about this game being remade ? will you play it ? why or why not ?

i figured this would be a great topic ..... 

I have posted about Socom in the past knowing it was dead and gone. Its been 5 years of heart break for me, and many other members of that tight community. Personally to me that was one of the best games made in its time and still today i would call it the best game produced to the gaming community not the whole franchise, but Fire team bravo 1 and 2 where the two best ones with out a doubt. after that it went down hill after david sears left. zipper was forced to close down due to sales not being up witch followed the shut down of the servers. well its 2014 5 years later we have been introduced to a game called H-Hour aka socom. since sony still owns the name socom they went able to actually name it socom ...... but David sears and other members of the zipper team are back hopefully going to bring us the most loved game something that is different then COD or Battle field this game takes skill no re spawn's  therefore making you play more carefully. due to be relased in march 2015 to PC player first then ps4 soon after. SOF studios is making this happen they are only funded till march lets hope they make the money they need to bring this game back. because as of now there just running off the money they got from kickstarter.

What do you guys think about this game being remade ? will you play it ? why or why not ?

i figured this would be a great topic ..... 

Ive been following this since it started. Played SOCOM 3, Combined assualt and Confrontation. Loved them all. I'm a huge shooter guy and i'm excited to return to third person view, its going to be refreshing from the modern FPS game that have been released in recent years. 

Old socom gameplay with modern tech and graphics?

Yes fucking please!!

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

Old socom gameplay with modern tech and graphics?

Yes fucking please!!

did you play psp or ps2 back in the good old days ?

Never touched the psp

Motherboard  ROG Strix B350-F Gaming | CPU Ryzen 5 1600 | GPU Sapphire Radeon RX 480 Nitro+ OC  | RAM Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000MHz 2x8Gb | OS Drive  Crucial MX300 525Gb M.2 | WiFi Card  ASUS PCE-AC68 | Case Switch 810 Gunmetal Grey SE | Storage WD 1.5tb, SanDisk Ultra 3D 500Gb, Samsung 840 EVO 120Gb | NAS Solution Synology 413j 8TB (6TB with 2TB redundancy using Synology Hybrid RAID) | Keyboard SteelSeries APEX | Mouse Razer Naga MMO Edition Green | Fan Controller Sentry LXE | Screens Sony 43" TV | Sound Logitech 5.1 X530

• 4 months later...

Hey, cool to see this game mentioned.

Socom 2 is the reason why I am a gamer. While I'm excited to get my first build up and running for many reasons, H-Hour planted the seed of switching to PC for me.

I've been following this game and I am a backer. The Beta testing starts in a couple of weeks, can't wait.

While this isn't a gameplay video, here is a fly through of the latest map:

Socom 2 online was the shit! I had it on PS2 and played it non stop the summer it came out. With the mic and dial up internet and everything haha!! Miss those days, when I had no job and no kids to worry about and I could game for days at a time. 

There is nothing like the Socom 2 days. Even with all the high dollar games and advanced Tech. Nothing can come close to that style of competitive gameplay imo.

I hope H-Hour can live up to the name as they have some big shoes to fill imo.

Fast paced, tactical, team based, Third Person game that makes you think and requires skill to be good.

Nothing like it. I still play Socom 2 online via Xlink from time to time.

man this better come to life! i was actually one of the top 100 players in the world on Socom 3, if competitive game play (not on a clan level) was a thing.. i think id be a professional e sports player by now!! 

loved socom 2 and 3 both equally. the first socom on the ps3 was so broken at first but once it was patched a few hundred times it became a really good game and i got into again (reason i bought my ps3) then they released the diabolical socom 4.. so epically shit i hated ever moment of the hour i played it...

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

Hey, cool to see this game mentioned.

Socom 2 is the reason why I am a gamer. While I'm excited to get my first build up and running for many reasons, H-Hour planted the seed of switching to PC for me.

I've been following this game and I am a backer. The Beta testing starts in a couple of weeks, can't wait.

While this isn't a gameplay video, here is a fly through of the latest map:

Im also a backer and im looking for someone to play with when the beta drops the 9th do you have team speak ?

There is nothing like the Socom 2 days. Even with all the high dollar games and advanced Tech. Nothing can come close to that style of competitive gameplay imo.

I hope H-Hour can live up to the name as they have some big shoes to fill imo.

Fast paced, tactical, team based, Third Person game that makes you think and requires skill to be good.

Nothing like it. I still play Socom 2 online via Xlink from time to time.

ps2 im guessing ?

I helped kickstart this one so yeah i would buy it and Im looking forward to it. I do hope they can raise the funds to finish it I guess they will inevitably end up down the early access route to finish the game I just hope they do finish it.

• 3 weeks later...

ps2 im guessing ?

Yes, sorry forgot to follow.

I helped kickstart this one so yeah i would buy it and Im looking forward to it. I do hope they can raise the funds to finish it I guess they will inevitably end up down the early access route to finish the game I just hope they do finish it.

H-hour is in Beta testing and I must say the Socom feel is there!!!

The game really needs quite a bit of work but the core foundation is there and I'm having fun in the Beta.

Yes, sorry forgot to follow.

H-hour is in Beta testing and I must say the Socom feel is there!!!

The game really needs quite a bit of work but the core foundation is there and I'm having fun in the Beta.

pm me i wouldnt mind playing with you man 

• 4 weeks later...

Here's a vid i made of gameplay. My first video ever so there's some errors. I hope this game does well. It's got that old socom flavor