ATH 700X FOR GAMING

XxQuiickSc0pes_swagxX

Hey,

I previously made a post saying asking about the HD650 with a DAC/amp for gaming bit realised that spending that much on audio for games is just stupid. I have now done some research on the ath ad700x (the open ones) and people say they are great for gaming because of their really wide soundstage. Any opinions?

They are indeed pretty great for gaming. If less is more, the 500X is practically the same thing (I've owned both).

They are indeed pretty great for gaming. If less is more, the 500X is practically the same thing (I've owned both).

Thank you for your input but do you think that they would sound good with onboard. Like is a dac/amp really worth it for $170 headphones? 

Thank you for your input but do you think that they would sound good with onboard. Like is a dac/amp really worth it for $170 headphones? 

they are high sensitivity / low impedance headphones so they should work just fine on onboard audio, if your motherboard is relatively new (5-6 years max, I'd say)

Reviews: JBL J33i   M50s   SRH440   Soundmagic PL50           

Of course they would. A separate DAC/amp isn't necessary for the majority of audio equipment.

Of course they would. A separate DAC/amp isn't necessary for the majority of audio equipment.

Allrighty then looks like i'll definitely get them and use onboard when I build my PC in the future