CD drive to SSD conversion

I have a reasonably cheap laptop, a HP with an AMD A10 4600 in it. However it is very slow to boot and I assume its down to the 1TB HDD that was included with it. Therefore I am looking to remove the CD drive and replace it with a SSD. 

Is the CD drive housing always the same size, meaning that any SSD caddy will fit and how hard is it to transfer everything across to the new SSD?

Thanks in advance!  :D

Shouldn't be too hard to do. I would make sure you haev an extra sata port on your board before you do it though. As far as it fitting SSD's are relatively small and I don't see why it wouldn't fit.

read that wrong lmfao

i5 3570K (4.5Ghz OC)|4x4GB 1600Mhz Corsair Vengeance pro|Zotac GTX 980 Amp! Extreme Edition|Asus p8Z77M-pro|Raidmax 500 80+Br| 128GB Kingston Now SSD|2x1TB Western Digital Blue| Artic White Define R4|Corsair H60 cooler|CM Storm Quickfire MX BLUE| White Corsair M65

I have a reasonably cheap laptop, a HP with an AMD A10 4600 in it. However it is very slow to boot and I assume its down to the 1TB HDD that was included with it. Therefore I am looking to remove the CD drive and replace it with a SSD. 

Is the CD drive housing always the same size, meaning that any SSD caddy will fit and how hard is it to transfer everything across to the new SSD?

Thanks in advance!  :D

i would put your hdd in the cd slot because the cd slot usually has a nerfed sata bus so put the sata drive in the originall hdd's slot

Please follow your topics guys, it's very important! CoC F.A.Q  Please use the corresponding PC part picker link for your country USA, UK, Canada, AustraliaSpain, Italy, New Zealand and Germany

also if you find anyone with this handle in games its most likely me so say hi

You can't put an ssd in a laptop cd drive house and connect it. 

I've seen SSD Caddys that are shaped like the CD drive housing but have room for an SSD rather than a disk drive on it. 

i would put your hdd in the cd slot because the cd slot usually has a nerfed sata bus so put the sata drive in the originall hdd's slot

Thats a good tip thanks! 

I thought that this is a tutorial on how to transform your CD drive into an SSD, dreams broken, ;(