Graphics Card and Parent help

Jack35841
Go to solution Solved by Jack35841,

Yeah man the GPU is literally plug it in and make sure you got the right power supply and your golden. Scan UK from my experience is really good. Aria PC is another alternative in the UK but I seriously suggest Scan UK. Prices are amazing and the service is great. And pre-builds are just stupid prices. I mean before GPU my build was £500 at the time of building it. With my first GPU a 6970 it was £750 and since then I replaced it with a 660. And you could show your mum this post.

I full testify then Scan UK is a totally safe service and will deliver to you in good time. I have brought multiple components from that online store and I WHOLEHEARTEDLY recommend this to buyers in the UK. I am infact using them to upgrade my computer in the next few months.

I really want to but PCWORLD is only £15 more for the 770 than Scan so I might aswell get it from there and I get it fitted and my system checked for free and the install everything and my insurance lasts another 3 years

If you can get one near your price for the 770, get the R9 290.

i7 5930k . 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 DDR4 . Gigabyte GA-X99-Gaming G1-WIFI . Zotac GeForce GTX 980 AMP! 4GB SLi . Crucial M550 1TB SSD . LG BD . Fractal Design Define R2 Black Pearl . SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750w . BenQ GW2765HT 2560x1440 . CM Storm QF TK MX Blue . SteelSeries Rival 
i5 2500k/ EVGA Z68SLi/ FX 8320/ Phenom II B55 x4/ MSI 790FX-GD70/ G.skill Ripjaws X 1600 8GB kit/ Geil Black Dragon 1600 4GB kit/ Sapphire Ref R9 290/ XFX DD GHOST 7770 

I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I'd go for the 770 and a 600w corsair PSU and your CPU will be fine for most games so I wouldn't worry about that, but yes there are faster options, but that'll cost at least another 350€. 

To convince your mother I would tell her how you can use the PC for many more things and there are more games that you want to play

Also I understand why you want to use PC world but you can get much better deals else where in the UK. For example a Asus GTX 760 on Scan UK (An Online store I use for components) is £159. Yes there is £10 to get it shipped but you save so much money. My Current 660 came from them and the delivery was speedy and the component was in amazing condition. I found when my mum helped me get my initial parts the cheaper I could get them the better chance she would buy them. Now I am 18 and I follow the exact same idea of the cheaper I can get the better the components the more likely I will buy them. Although they dont have the 770 in stop at the moment as they are instead trying to get people to buy a 970 for example. PC world cant price components well at all.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-asus-gtx-760-directcu-ii-oc-28nm-pcie-30-(x16)-6008mhz-gddr5-gpu-1006mhz-boost-1072mhz-cores-115

And if you wanted to give Team Red a go then here is another one

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/3gb-xfx-radeon-r9-280x-boost-6000mhz-gddr5-gpu-850mhz-boost-1000mhz-dvi-hdmi-mdport-voltage-unlocked

I5 4690k, EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence (Blue), Seagate 3TB & Western Digital 500GB HDD's, San Disk Ultra II 120GB SSD, Novatech Gold Series 850w PSU

a 970 costs roughly the same amount as 770 (at least in north america) and is ~15-20% faster... Also uses less electricity. Not sure why you'd consider a 770 :/

P.S. I have a 770 myself. - bought it before 970 came out, was expecting it to be far more expensive...

a 970 costs roughly the same amount as 770 (at least in north america) and is ~15-20% faster... Also uses less electricity. Not sure why you'd consider a 770 :/

P.S. I have a 770 myself. - bought it before 970 came out, was expecting it to be far more expensive...

In the UK the 770 can hit about £170-£200 the 970 at the very least is £250-£350. There is a benefit to purchasing a 770 over here. 

I5 4690k, EVGA GTX 970 Superclocked 4GB, 16GB Corsair Vengence (Blue), Seagate 3TB & Western Digital 500GB HDD's, San Disk Ultra II 120GB SSD, Novatech Gold Series 850w PSU

Hey Linus fans, 

You dont have to buy the card from pc world, also upgrading your graphics card yourself does not void warranty or insurance (it would just not be covered)

You can also pay a small fee in store to have them install it (in stores that have a tech clinic)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

You dont have to buy the card from pc world, also upgrading your graphics card yourself does not void warranty or insurance (it would just not be covered)

You can also pay a small fee in store to have them install it (in stores that have a tech clinic)

^^ This

And on that note, I'd recommend this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-TRI-X-Graphics-Card-PCI-E/dp/B00HFA44YQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415907146&sr=8-1&keywords=r9+290

One of the best r9 290s, and right around the price you're looking at.

Nope, no bottlenecks. Why do you have so much RAM?

I got so much RAM because I bought it with 8GB but when I sent it back for repair it came back with 16GB so I wasn't gonna complain xD

^^ This

And on that note, I'd recommend this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sapphire-TRI-X-Graphics-Card-PCI-E/dp/B00HFA44YQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415907146&sr=8-1&keywords=r9+290

One of the best r9 290s, and right around the price you're looking at.

I dont really want to purchase from anywhere else tbh and I was looking at nvidia as most of the games i've been looking to play have better frame rates and are physx

PCWORLD said they would, system health check it and install it all for free 

I can only buy from PCWORLD as my mum is too scared to go anywhere else or I would get it

Also I understand why you want to use PC world but you can get much better deals else where in the UK. For example a Asus GTX 760 on Scan UK (An Online store I use for components) is £159. Yes there is £10 to get it shipped but you save so much money. My Current 660 came from them and the delivery was speedy and the component was in amazing condition. I found when my mum helped me get my initial parts the cheaper I could get them the better chance she would buy them. Now I am 18 and I follow the exact same idea of the cheaper I can get the better the components the more likely I will buy them. Although they dont have the 770 in stop at the moment as they are instead trying to get people to buy a 970 for example. PC world cant price components well at all.

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/2gb-asus-gtx-760-directcu-ii-oc-28nm-pcie-30-(x16)-6008mhz-gddr5-gpu-1006mhz-boost-1072mhz-cores-115

And if you wanted to give Team Red a go then here is another one

http://www.scan.co.uk/products/3gb-xfx-radeon-r9-280x-boost-6000mhz-gddr5-gpu-850mhz-boost-1000mhz-dvi-hdmi-mdport-voltage-unlocked

I know I can save money, I really want to do a custom build but I made the mistake of a prebuilt for £500 just for light stuff and regret it ever since 

PCWORLD said they would, system health check it and install it all for free 

do it yourself. it's ultra simple and you will save much more money by buying somewhere else.

ah nevermind, just read that u can buy from pcworld only... that sucks :/

Yeah man the GPU is literally plug it in and make sure you got the right power supply and your golden. Scan UK from my experience is really good. Aria PC is another alternative in the UK but I seriously suggest Scan UK. Prices are amazing and the service is great. And pre-builds are just stupid prices. I mean before GPU my build was £500 at the time of building it. With my first GPU a 6970 it was £750 and since then I replaced it with a 660. And you could show your mum this post.

I full testify then Scan UK is a totally safe service and will deliver to you in good time. I have brought multiple components from that online store and I WHOLEHEARTEDLY recommend this to buyers in the UK. I am infact using them to upgrade my computer in the next few months.

I really want to but PCWORLD is only £15 more for the 770 than Scan so I might aswell get it from there and I get it fitted and my system checked for free and the install everything and my insurance lasts another 3 years

It was just a suggestion feel free to still do PC world but in the UK its not the best store for PC builders. I also wish you the best of luck with your build. :)